Can't get hired

Sigh...

So I started off unemployed, and I did get signed with a team in Sweden in the lowest playable division. However, their season ended in August and doesn't restart until March, and I didn't want to wait forever to do something, so I resigned and started looking for a club to manage over the fall/winter. Unfortunately, not a single team out there wants me. It doesn't matter the club size or the nation, I'm an untouchable. I've now been waiting 6 months in game time. To add insult to injury, clubs that hired me right at the start of FM07 and FM08 don't want anything to do with me in FM09.

I realize this is perhaps more realistic, but come on... So anything I could do to land a job?

Other than what Maidel said, no, there's not. You just have to wait.

I'm guessing you started off as Sunday League. Reputation has been a funny thing for a long while now, or so it has seemed to me. I wish there were more options. Starting as the lowest possible will land you a job eventually but it can actually take ages and ages to get enough reputation to move on to bigger and better things.

In 07 I started an unemployed game and ended up as manager of Skarp in Norway. They were pants but I took them to promotion and a semi-safe position in the second bottom division. I still couldn't get another job, not even at the lower division teams. I didn't really mess around with being unemployed in 08 so decided to try it again in 09. I landed a job in Sweden but found it dull and uninspiring so I started again.

This time I made a manager with a reputation as a professional footballer. I loaded most of Europe and found myself a job in the Slovenian First Division. They're not the best team in Europe by a long shot and I could have had more lucrative job offers in western Europe, but I set myself a condition that I wouldn't take a job too high (so sticking to the idea that I wanted to be a professional footballer that never reached the top - the lower division in England). It's actually seriously more fun than any lower league game I've started in FM recently. I still think it will take me a while to be recognised at the biggest clubs in Europe, but not so long that it takes 10+ seasons to even get out of the basement.

If you want to start at the very bottom still, then start as semi-pro as opposed to sunday league or automatic. You still won't be considered good enough for the lowest English leagues but you'll stand a lot more chance in Scandinavia.

You can always set yourself up as a more reputable manager but have limits to what jobs you will apply for and accept. It calls for self control and your reputation in game may be skewed but if you stick to limits you can have fun.

just look on the bright side. at least you've not been sacked. :p

:D

As anagain said, you just have to wait.

It's just a matter of luck really. If you could go back in time and play the exact same save over again you could be hired for the first job going. As it is, this one is taking longer.

Well, I now spent an entire year game-time doing nothing but hitting the space bar, and still nothing. Now even the smallest clubs in the game don't want to hire me. Sorry, but there are more fun games out there than that.

I really didn't want to cheat, but it looks like SI has left me with little choice.

Well, I now spent an entire year game-time doing nothing but hitting the space bar, and still nothing. Now even the smallest clubs in the game don't want to hire me. Sorry, but there are more fun games out there than that.

I really didn't want to cheat, but it looks like SI has left me with little choice.

You could always holiday until you get a job, but if it takes too long then there is something wrong.

Archived