"Football Manager has stopped working"-Windows Vista

I have been having problems getting onto my FM 2009 after not using it for a month or so.

when i click on the icon, the steam page comes up then it goes to a white screen and the following message appears

Football manager 2009 has stopped working

a problem caused the problem to stop working correctly.

windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avaliable

I am unsure and concerned as to why this is happening. i have tried it with and without the disc in the drive and it doesnt make noise unlike when i had previously clicked on the icon to load the game so it seems like the computer isnt picking up anything??

I would be intrested in a solution for this..is it the computer or a fault with the disc? Please Help

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Home Premium?

What difference does having home premium make? I have it and FM works fine.

To the original poster. Have you installed any stuff, particularly stuff from the net, since you last played FM? If installing the latest patch doesnt work then your can perhaps try a virus and spyware scan. I would also open up the task manager and stop as many of these processes as you can to see if that helps. Dont touch the ones called svchost.exe

I had this problem and ended up doing a destructive restore. Backing everything up, reinstalling vista and reinstalling all my programs, then moving my backed up data back to my machine.

It's a pain but it works

It's a Vista thing. I too have Home Premium and it happens now and then 2with me. Annoyingly it's happened before I've saved my game. It's basically because Vista is absolute cack and as stable a blind man on a tightrope.

Well I must be a lucky devil then because I have never had any bother running FM on Vista home premium.

• 1 month later...

Try to be patient as the game loads.

If your laptop or computer is not top spec then as you can imagine it puts more strain on your hardware.

As the screen goes white, you get scared and tend to panic wondering what is going on... interfering by pushing buttons and therefore putting even more stress on your machine making it harder for the game to load properly.

Try disconnecting from the internet, closing every other program running just FM and leaving it to load without interfering.

Also try running it in windows mode. If you are not already.

can someone from si please give us a solution to this its driving me and everyone else f****** crazy!!!!

If you have a problem, go to the PC Support forum, read the header and FAQ and if you still have a problem, post a thread in there.

Archived