Anyone use the "Set Nickname" function?

Coop

At lower league clubs, when I can only sign two scouts I usually have to sign one with good potential judgement and one with good ability judgement. As a result, I need to know which one is the "potential" scout and which one is not, so I call the potential scout "Insert Name + Potential Scout"

I nick myself, for the dafuge reasons.

I nick Brazilians when they deserve it.

I nick Spaniards because there are only so many Sergio Jiminez's you can have.

I nick certain players that I dislike (akin to bobinskis).

I nick players with blatantly obvious nicknames (Spurs reserve player "Broadway" Danny Rose).

And I nick my most promising youngsters with a star or two.

VB

Yeah, aside from own name changes (which is kind of useless for me, to be frank, since I always use a pseudonym when playing FM and rarely use my own name), pretty much only if I need to disambiguate between single-named players.

I use it the whole time.

Certain famous players get nichnames.

Jermaine Defoe = JD

Keane = Keano

Sol Campbell = ****

John Terry = JT

Frank Lampard = Fat Frank

and many more.

I also use it for my own players.

Players that have performed well are often given a nickname that relates to a shortened version of their forename of the surname or both.

I also use it to tell me what I think of a player at a glance.

a "." after a players name means that he should not be considered as a new signing or that he should be released/not offered a new contract if he is already at my club.

"SELL" after his name is self explanatory.

"(2012)" after his name means that this player was the brightest prospect promoted from my youth acadamy in 2012.

"*" means that the player is a bit special, (if he is at my club) and means that he is either a threat or a potental transfer target, (if he is at another club).

It helps me see at a glance who I have scouted/looked at before and saves me time.

I just use it for my scouts

e.g

Spain Scout

France Scout

England Scout

Germany Scout etc

so on, then

France U18 Scout

England U18 Scout etc

Yes, use it for this.

Also when taking over at a new club I add some symbols to indicate if they are good, bad, new contract etc , like Jimbokav1971

I've never used this function and don't think I ever will. If I feel like making a note of something I use a pen and pad. If I have an extraordinary player and deserves some sort of nickname, then I might think about it. It just doesn't catch my fancy, although it's nice to see others using it.

At lower league clubs, when I can only sign two scouts I usually have to sign one with good potential judgement and one with good ability judgement. As a result, I need to know which one is the "potential" scout and which one is not, so I call the potential scout "Insert Name + Potential Scout"

Good Idea, never thought of doing this. I always forget which one is which.

I nick myself, for the dafuge reasons.

I nick Brazilians when they deserve it.

I nick Spaniards because there are only so many Sergio Jiminez's you can have.

I nick certain players that I dislike (akin to bobinskis).

I nick players with blatantly obvious nicknames (Spurs reserve player "Broadway" Danny Rose).

And I nick my most promising youngsters with a star or two.

VB

I use them on my scouts, for example "Steve Rowley P" and "Terry John A" using the P and A to judge whether they would be better suited to scouting older players who are already near their prime or young players so I can tell if they are worth snapping up for pennies
I use it the whole time.

Certain famous players get nichnames.

Jermaine Defoe = JD

Keane = Keano

Sol Campbell = ****

John Terry = JT

Frank Lampard = Fat Frank

and many more.

I also use it for my own players.

Players that have performed well are often given a nickname that relates to a shortened version of their forename of the surname or both.

I also use it to tell me what I think of a player at a glance.

a "." after a players name means that he should not be considered as a new signing or that he should be released/not offered a new contract if he is already at my club.

"SELL" after his name is self explanatory.

"(2012)" after his name means that this player was the brightest prospect promoted from my youth acadamy in 2012.

"*" means that the player is a bit special, (if he is at my club) and means that he is either a threat or a potental transfer target, (if he is at another club).

It helps me see at a glance who I have scouted/looked at before and saves me time.

I only tend to set nicknames for referees based on their performances. An example would be 'Card Happy' for referees that book quite a number of players in a match. I don't really nickname players.

I've never used the function but I may now. There are some good ideas on this thread.

Archived