Final score just randomly changed!

Hi guys,

So I have literally just had this happen!! I beat Barcelona in the sem finals of the Spanish Cup and I get to congratulate my team in the team talk...

Then I click continue and the news item pops up saying I was beaten 3-1 and the fixtures show me as being knocked out?!!!

Anyone had anything like this before? I mean,... there is feeling 'cheated' by the match engine and then there is this!

Heh,

There were indeed two legs. 3-3 was the final score. But I won on away goals, as the commentary said at the end and the team talk reflected. I had heard of this happening online between macs and pc's but not in single player.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to get the screenshot of the match as I had already continued and the result is now changed...

It is rather annoying as I am Atletico and was rather looking forward to the final which would have been against Real Madrid.

This is with the latest patch.

It's a problem I experienced when my brother decided to delete 4-2-4 from the game on FM08, it can happen if a tactic file has been deleted/moved out of the folder, the Match Engine seems to generate at least 2 parrallel games, one which you see (without the tactic) and because the game already loaded it up when you set the game up, that outcome, and it can be pot luck which you get.

There does seem to be a bug about this in network games, which I presume goes off a similar principle to do with tactic files.

It's a problem I experienced when my brother decided to delete 4-2-4 from the game on FM08, it can happen if a tactic file has been deleted/moved out of the folder, the Match Engine seems to generate at least 2 parrallel games, one which you see (without the tactic) and because the game already loaded it up when you set the game up, that outcome, and it can be pot luck which you get.

There does seem to be a bug about this in network games, which I presume goes off a similar principle to do with tactic files.

Sorry, but I don't think that sounds like the problem. I haven't deleted any tactics. Plus, I don't think deleting a tactic would have the effect you described.

I had the same problem, could win a game 2-1 and then it'd say I lost it 3-0 or something. It doesn't have to be a conscious decision, the file could have corrupted and thats what causes the kind of problem you outlined. It might be it, it might not, all I'm doing is entering a possible scenario as to what happened.

Archived