Harmony

Offering players that say 'dismayed by lack of harmony' new contracts worked for me.:thup: Downsides are it's expensive and time consuming mind you.

UPdate; Also being more positive in team talks and press conferences seems to help, eg, I predict we will do well, in press conferences and sympathise or good effort, rather than dissapointed after a defeat.

What i dont get, is that i have loads of plays who are 'dismayed at the lack of harmony in the club' - but the only reason anyone is unhappy, is that other people are unhappy. But the only reason why they are unhappy, is that other people are unhappy.

Its a viscous circle, there was no start to the unhappyness, just people became unhappy, but for no apparant reason, and that seems to have made other people unhappy, that they are unhappy.

Also, why would he only upset them at the begining of the year?

Good question, it seems your Ass. man being too harsh with team talks isn't the issue. The only other thing that I can think of is that you might have one or two players in your reserves/ youth team who think they are too good to be there and should be first team regulars, or you might have one or two youngsters with low professionalism hidden stat and high ambition. Might be worth trying to tutor your youngsters with personalities like 'low professionalism' by more professional senior squad members.

Like the bloke already said, offer them new contracts.

I had the same problem, with players 'dismayed by the lack of harmony' where the only lack of harmony was other people dismayed by the lack of harmony. It started out with a couple of players upset at not being treated like a first team regular (this was before I discovered that squad status actually matters in FM09 - I had signed some hot youngsters as Important First Team Players - even though I didn't intend to play them in the first team - because I thought, just like in previous versions, that squad status didn't matter).

So after I sorted these blokes out I still had all these other played dismayed for no apparent reason. But new contracts sorted them all out.

Archived