Fed up of FM09 + pre-determined results

The title says it all! This is my 3rd & last thread .. after this thread I won't come back again & I won't play this crappy, full of bugs & stupid game again. I just can't stand FM09 anymore, for many reasons, including the following:

1. Fed up of seeing my defenders 'lose concentration' so regularly & being caught pushing up when I specifically instruct them not to!

2. Fed up of seeing my defenders run to a loose ball almost in slow motion, as if they're saying to the opponent 'come & get it', then they lose it (my stupid defenders) & either commit a foul or else we concede a goal!

3. Fed up of watching my goalkeeper and/or players who stupidly put the ball out WHEN NOT UNDER PRESSURE so that the stupid match engine can tell everyone how many injury time is given! THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN IRL! The 4th official DOESN'T wait for the ball to go out to display the minutes of injury time. STUPID STUPID ME!

4. Fed up of watching stupid wingers crossing directly onto defenders continuously.

5. Fed up of watching stupid defenders trying to clear the ball but they continuously hit their team-mate resulting in a corner or worse, own-goal!

6. Fed up of watching players like F. Torres coming one to one with the GK & blasting the ball into row Z! & this happens very, very regularly. Doesn't happen IRL for sure!

7. Fed up of watching my team losing a 2-0 advantage in injury time even though I do everything possible to defend my lead! & this happens very regularly indeed! Im fed up of how exceptionally good the AI manager & his team are in these circumstances. Doesn't happen that often IRL for sure!

8. Fed up of seeing lower teams (like for eg. West Brom, Fulham & Porstmouth) performing to the standards of Barcelona, Real Madrid etc! Definitely doesn't happen IRL.

9. Fed up of the many shots hitting posts/bars very regularly.

10. Fed up of seeing my strikers lowering their pace when chasing a loose ball even though I instruct them to close down regularly!

11. Fed up of not being able to win Away games, especially against lower teams, no matter what type of tactic I play! & I play with Liverpool, therefore it's not a 'so bad' team IMO.

The above are only a few of the problems with this crappy game! If I had to mention them all, I will need at least 2 hrs to write them all!

Apart from those, I also confirmed my assumption that results in FM09 are PRE-DETERMINED .. yes they are & I made a test to confirm this. I played 2 games, 1 home & 1 away THREE times & in ALL THREE occasions, the result was in favour of the same team. These were the results:

Liverpool v Panathinaikos 3-0

Aston Villa v Liverpool 3-0

Liverpool v Panathinaikos 2-0

Aston Villa v Liverpool 2-0

Liverpool v Panathinaikos 2-1

Aston Villa v Liverpool 2-0

Therefore as you can see, the results always favoured Liverpool at Home & Aston Villa at Home. In the games against Aston Villa, I used 3 different tactics but surprisingly enough, ALL FAILED! So don't come & tell me 'it's my tactics' because it's NOT. Now, I just ask you - do you think that IRL all the results above would've favoured the same team? I very strongly doubt it! I did tests similar to these in FM08 & FM07 & the results WERE NEVER the same! Therefore, it is totally clear here that results in FM09 are pre-determined BEFORE KICK-OFF .. I'm sure about it! In addition, I also took note of the other results each time I restarted the game to re-play my matches & FUNNILY ENOUGH all the other Euro Cup & Premiership results FAVOURED THE SAME TEAM! & most of them had also identical scores!! So there you have it .... I once again say it - RESULTS IN FM09 ARE PRE-DETERMINED! How can you have fun playing a game that's continuously cheating on you?!!?

Anyway ... this is the end now. This is my last rant for a stupid game like FM09. Well done SI for transforming a very good game (previous FM's) into a totally boring, stupid & crappy game like FM09. I won't spend anymore Euros on your games that's for sure now. In fact, I've decided to buy a game from your competitors (once your partners) -- that is CM09 -- as soon as it's released. I think I will have more fun playing it than FM09! Furthermore, I will definitely give this game a VERY BAD name .. & believe me, I have all the resources I need to do it efficiently since I work as a General Manager in an IT company & we have our own computer shop. & yes you guessed, we also sell FM09 - but these won't be selling fast for sure! Or better, I will do my utmost to remove them from our shelves!

Just one last question - why the hell do you have to release a game full of bugs just for the sake of sticking to a deadline, when you know that it's still full of bugs? Then you issue a patch almost on the date of its release & another patch one month later! As far as I can remember correctly, ALL previous CM series were released with minimal bugs & if there were any patches afterwards, these were only a few! On the contrary, all FM series games had several patches after them ... and especially this one, FM09, which already has a 3rd patch on its way! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF ... DISGRACEFUL! It seems like you're following the same route that Microsoft have taken .. & I believe you won't be counting the same amounts of money on the next release of FM following this route! You won't have my money, that's for sure!

The game and the match engine is far from being perfect.

But to proof something like fixed results you would need to do it about a 1000 times. As everything less is just in the coincidence level, as losing 10 times in a row by putting all the money on red.

Mike :D

Well, when someone seems so off-put by the game I see little need to try and help. All I can say is try again next year. Pre-determined results have to be there. Everytime you change tactics the end result is recalculated again, noone can find out the result so it might aswell not be pre-dertimibed if you understand me.

Personally I think its far better, within your research, for you to have discovered that FM07 and FM08 produce different match results upon each reload. That surely goes to show its less about tactics and more about the 'moment' than in 09. Personally I want to know my setup is going to produce a result.

Results, I believe, are determined during the match creation. So if you dont change anything, the result should normally be the same (a little random flutter here and there is fine no?). Results are updated when you change tactics.

Home games should give you an advantage, away games often require a different approach. You could have asked someone else to try and win an away match on your save-game.

I think 09 is harder, sure, and that is why people tend to complain quite loudly. But to be honest, your post was quite a rant and as such you lose any value in your arguments which is a shame. I'm sure you posted in a fit of rage :)

Yeah, i have 08 and once I beat Torino as AC Milan 5-1. I lost my game before i saved it so I had to replay it. the 2nd time I tied 2-2, with the same tactics.

Your tactics may have been the same, but were the AI's?

I wish the OP had put a little more thought into his post.

Although I understand his frustrations with FM (as we all get annoyed at some stage), coming on here and spouting nonsense like that is only going to go one way for him....

PS -

STUPID STUPID ME

Quite.

I wish the OP had put a little more thought into his post.

Although I understand his frustrations with FM (as we all get annoyed at some stage), coming on here and spouting nonsense like that is only going to go one way for him....

PS -

Quite.

ME stands for MATCH ENGINE asshole

I'm aware of that.

I wasn't trying to offend you, and there's no need for name calling.

What I was saying is that your OP was a bit over-the-top and unnecessary, and you'll only get flamed like mad. If you don't care about that then it's obvious you only wrote out the OP to incite an argument.

You Based the "pre-determined"results on 3 different tactics. THREE TACTICS. This isnt LMA manager you know there are thousands of tactics to be used with different settings.

Also you dont know if the other teams are on winning runs, morale etc is high, fitness levels.

At the end of the day its a game and a great one at that, yes you are entitled to your opinion aslong as its put across in a constructive manner.

There have been patches to amend certain errors but if you really expect to come on these forums and receive help then may I suggest a less Whiney approach. If you played the aforementioned fixtures 100 times with 100 different tactics I can guarantee that you would get different results at least 70% of the time.

Anyway as you have stated you will no longer be with us so helping or continuing this post would be time consuming and irellevant.

Archived