Set pieces

Ive just noticed this,

On attacking set pieces i have my DL, DR and GK set as back and the rest as forward, the 2D pitch came up for a corner and who was taking my corner my DR???? how is that?

Then in the same game he was taking a free kick from outside of the box!

Anybody else noticed this?

If he is the best in your team at set pieces and you havent set the takers to someone else then I suppose he has as much right as anyone to be taking them. If you don't pick takers then i'd guess that automatically the best crosser or something must take them maybe?

Quite annoying though, you'd think if you tell him not to go up then he'd realise not to take them either...

If he is the best in your team at set pieces and you havent set the takers to someone else then I suppose he has as much right as anyone to be taking them. If you don't pick takers then i'd guess that automatically the best crosser or something must take them maybe?

Quite annoying though, you'd think if you tell him not to go up then he'd realise not to take them either...

i dont set who takes the set pieces as i like to see a different variety of players taking them but like you say if ive told him to stay back he should! does that mean i can expect my GK to do the same as he has the same instructions.

This has always happened in FMH, sadly. My selections of free-kick takers in particular were routinely ignored by my players in all three previous games.

I'm sounding like a right moaner in my posts on here so far. I must stress that I LOVE the game, I just get irritated at all the little things that spoil the ofte-excellent sense of realism.

this is a problem but i have found a solution... wen setting free kick takers set your 2 best free kick takers and then the game tends to used the first choice instead of a full back ( on my game my dl alsways took them). not sure why it works but it does :)

Archived