Next Level

Yee, i think, just look at the key areas you need to improve, scout a hand full of players, with indepth scout reports. As long as you improve those areas you should do better. Maybe trying to bring in some more money, maybe hold some big friendlies, might result in your board improving stadium.

No

I was at arsenal for 4 seasons got bored . So I resgiend

Aston Villa job came avalaible I applied and got it . I took over half way through the season .

They were bottom when I took over then I finished 9th , then I got 3rd and 3rd again

I just want to know how to keep up cosistancy

Thanks

Sorry about spelling :)

I suppose I will have to have a clear out in the summer and bring in more quality players to add to the depth of the squad

sounds like a good idea to me, if you free up some space, by selling your old, useless players. Then you will have more space, and possibly, money to buy some better players to fill the places. Also try and sign some youngsters, possibly loan them out so that they can gain some experience.

sign an international superstar

That's what I did - finished third but should've really should've challenged for the title. Pinched Ronaldo for £27m, next season won the title (nabbing Adebayor for under £10m helped too). You need top drawer match winners to help you win the matches you shouldn't, that's the kind of thing that makes a top club.

What was it answering?? or commenting on...ooft, im confused. :o

The OP is looking for a new challenge, at a really big club.

I recommend Luton, at the arse-end of League 2 with a -30 points deduction to begin with.

That's a new challenge. :thup::D

The OP is looking for a new challenge, at a really big club.

I recommend Luton, at the arse-end of League 2 with a -30 points deduction to begin with.

That's a new challenge. :thup::D

I was under the impression that the OP wanted to know how he could improve his team so that it was of a similar standard to Arsenal and other big clubs :confused:

I might just go through what I did to make my Derby side claim up World Football in 5 years.

Be ambitious and aim to get a mix of experienced campaigners and some young players who can improve your side and improve in the future. My example of this was my signings of a young midfielder and a young defender in my first season in the Championship.

After promotion that season they stepped up perfectly into the premier league and I signed a heap of experienced campaigners and one young star all for free (one who may have been kicked from his club due to a massive amount of money coming in). From here I continued to be ambitious and played for the win against any team I faced... This ended badly sometimes but it all payed off in the FA Cup where my side pulled off a miracle win over Arsenal with a solid performance at Wembley before a impressive win over Newcastle in the final. This season I finished 12th and won the FA cup, which was a massive boost giving my club a chance at European football in the new season.

Another strong recruitment saw a young french star, who has since become one of the best strikers in the world as well as a young winger and another few young strikers, and later in the season a great young Russian keeper were all major factors as my Rams side after a slow start saw them rollicking up the table. In Europe, the slow start was also evident, but after some close calls made it through to the knockout stages of the UEFA Cup where a dubius call or two ended up landing my vastly improved Rams side with an extremely unexpected title. In the league my Derby side were assisted in some manner by Arsenal's dominance and the shear gap between them and the rest at the time, and will Tottenham and Man City failing miserably after the winter window I took my chances and finised second over Man City by a couple of goal difference and a couple points above Tottenham and in fact only 8 points from 6th, where in truth I really should have been. That frenchman showed the league who was boss though!

Spending a load of money on a few new wingers and a Portugues defensive midfielder would leave my Derby side in a strong position... or so I thought. That season ended much the same as the one before...

Anyhow, just be ambitious with your signings, push the boundries of your budgets and take risks against bigger opposition. Eventually something is going to have to pay off!

I was under the impression that the OP wanted to know how he could improve his team so that it was of a similar standard to Arsenal and other big clubs :confused:

Oh ffs :o

Just read through the OP again properly, and realise now why that was so confusing.

This is not a "Silva Moment" this is an "Aja Moment"

There's been a lot of them lately; must be the Whiskey :thup::D

Oh ffs :o

Just read through the OP again properly, and realise now why that was so confusing.

This is not a "Silva Moment" this is an "Aja Moment"

There's been a lot of them lately; must be the Whiskey :thup::D

Can't you just tell me because i have no idea of what your on about.

How're you doing on FM Aja mate? all going well, encountered any trouble?

Can't you just tell me because i have no idea of what your on about.

How're you doing on FM Aja mate? all going well, encountered any trouble?

For some bizarre reason, I misread (or totally misinterpreted) the OP and somehow came to the idea he wanted a new challenge in a totally new game. So I suggested Luton town, seeing as challenges don't come much tougher than that.

As for me - I've just reached the end of pre-season and have won all but one match and have yet to concede a goal. I've also been shipping players in and out as easy as it should've always been (I'm enjoying the new "working" transfer system). Loving FM09 so far mate, although I've disabled 3D view as it's so jittery on my laptop it makes me feel sick :D

For some bizarre reason, I misread (or totally misinterpreted) the OP and somehow came to the idea he wanted a new challenge in a totally new game. So I suggested Luton town, seeing as challenges don't come much tougher than that.

As for me - I've just reached the end of pre-season and have won all but one match and have yet to concede a goal. I've also been shipping players in and out as easy as it should've always been (I'm enjoying the new "working" transfer system). Loving FM09 so far mate, although I've disabled 3D view as it's so jittery on my laptop it makes me feel sick :D

haha, you pillock :)

Glad your enjoying FM, you'll have to keep me up-to-date with your progress .. and whats happening to the Wee Aja night threads??? i've got nout all to do at night now :D haha

And, i think the tables have turned, its you thats on the whiskey now, not me ;)

Archived