Board refusing to expand stadium with $3.7 mil in bank

I am in my 8th season with Hyde, 2nd for the team in Championship. So far i have never had the money so i never requested stadium expansion but now i got luck selling a couple of player and have $3.7 in bank at the start of the season. i want the board to expand the stadium from its 4200 capacity (last season average attendance was 4150) but board refuses to do so.

What is going on? i would not expect them to increase the size to 30k or anything but an increase to 10k would be nice.

Otherwise i would simply burn through this cash in a couple of season (even at $2-3mill and no transfer spend) and then we would be back to staring at bankruptcy :(

Akaz

Well, for an increase of 8,000 seats with my stoke team, the money taken out that corresponded with it (this was the only facilities upgrade) was over 12m. Increasing capacity is costly and I think you need to be able to comfortably afford it before the board will consider it.

But its pretty much a chicken and egg thing. I am not going to get much money unless i sell ticked or get luck by getting promoted to PRM.

But not many teams would even THINK about upgrading there stadium with that little in the bank.

speculating to accumulate is very risky in football, especially if you're not in the premiership... look at the likes of luton etc who all pushed the boat a bit further than perhaps they should have to try and be successful, if your club took out a massive outlay in proportion to club value and money in the bank, you could go into administration, lose 10 points and lose your best players before ultimately sliding back down the table

its at times like these I fondly remember leeds

it's not just about finanaces as i believe in fm 08 the council could plow money to increase the stadium and sponsorship - unless in 09 this has been taken out

i remember being burton albion once and i wanted a stadium increase so i advised the board and a few weeks went by then we had a sponsorship deal to increase by 2300 seats

Im in the Championship with Fleetwood, consecutive promotions, and finished 10th in my first season there. In the summer, with £1-2 mill in the bank, the board started building a stadium that would be finished next summer at the cost of £22.5 mill. A £15 mill loan was taken and now I have to pay 180k pr month. But I dig it! Im probably gonna get promoted so for my, hopefully, first season in the Premier League I will move into a 18000 all-seater stadium ;D

My point being, its possible to get a new stadium buildt with a small amount of cash, but your chairman has to be ambitous and full of cash and you need to be very successfull. And there are probably some other variables in the equation that I dont know about.

Completion date (once its started) will be given in a news item, and will be under the stadium tab in information.

The cost you can look at expenditure, and I think its added in teh ground maintenance section.

Archived