Do Mac's need authenticating?

Simple question really, I am sure on the day of release people on mac's were playing before people on Windows because of authentication. Asking because another thread got closed because a lad said his best mate didn't need to authenticate on a mac and the lad now thinks his mate has an illegal copy!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if I fit in that catagory, I inivision myself as a mod sometimes :eek:

I wouldn't think so, in your posting style you don't really seem to come across as if you're a mod, well in my opinion at least. I think they're more angry at people who jump at others immediately, without providing any help at all, which I haven't seen you do iirc.

I wouldn't think so, in your posting style you don't really seem to come across as if you're a mod, well in my opinion at least. I think they're more angry at people who jump at others immediately, without providing any help at all, which I haven't seen you do iirc.

and you never will, I save that for my brothers :) I am patient on here most of the time, unless it is late and I am losing :eek:

The main problem is that some people who don't have any clues about macs feel the urge to post in mac related threads.

I know nothing about macs, I don't know much about Football Manager (believe it or not) that is why I put, "I think" or "I recall" at the beginning of posts like that.

I know yeah,

Ahmufcwafc: You probably have that as a favourite, and have been waiting, ever since I took over your post count, to bring that up :(

Pfft, I don't care about post counts, that stuff doesn't matter to me... :)

....Only 870 posts to go :p

Edit: Make that 871 :D

I know nothing about macs, I don't know much about Football Manager (believe it or not) that is why I put, "I think" or "I recall" at the beginning of posts like that.

But that's on the level, when you answer someone with stomach pain that "I think it could be that you are pregnant". :)

There are some regulars and mac users, most mac related posts will be answered, not that fast than other threads, but it's still better than rough guessing.

Pfft, I don't care about post counts, that stuff doesn't matter to me... :)

....Only 870 posts to go :p

Edit: Make that 871 :D

Nor do I, just wanted to get it in somewhere ;) Have you noticed the after crossing 2000 mark, that you get more noticed from users, I 20+ PM's asking for help on the game.

But that's on the level, when you answer someone with stomach pain that "I think it could be that you are pregnant". :)

There are some regulars and mac users, most mac related posts will be answered, not that fast than other threads, but it's still better than rough guessing.

I only put think when I am sure I am right, I leave it open for someone telling me otherwise

Nor do I, just wanted to get it in somewhere ;) Have you noticed the after crossing 2000 mark, that you get more noticed from users, I 20+ PM's asking for help on the game.

Definately, over the last week, I've had to clear out my PM inbox 4 times :eek:

I've been getting a fair amount of PM's for a while now, but they've increased as of late. Maybe because its Christmas time & there are more new users on the forum is what I'm guessing, although it could be down to post count too.

:D I reply, because I got a lot of help when I first joined here so I know how they feel

I always try to reply, I would feel bad if I just ignored them :p

To be honest I don't help them out for the same reason as you because when I first signed up I just got bashed for making one or two duplicate threads :D

I always try to reply, I would feel bad if I just ignored them :p

To be honest I don't help them out for the same reason as you because when I first signed up I just got bashed for making one or two duplicate threads :D

I had a few muppets that started calling me a "newb". My ultimate aim is to be a mod, may have to wait until I hit 16.

I had a few muppets that started calling me a "newb". My ultimate aim is to be a mod, may have to wait until I hit 16.

I see you're aiming high :D Why 16? Do you have to be at least 16 to be a mod? If so, I'm just about old enough :cool:

But I don't have the same fascination about being a mod as you have. As a mod, you don't really get treated the same as other posters. Plus, you'll get a few moaners bashing you, thinking that you work for SI. So for that reason, I don't really care about becoming a mod, although if I was asked I would probably find it hard to turn down :D

I see you're aiming high :D Why 16? Do you have to be at least 16 to be a mod? If so, I'm just about old enough :cool:

But I don't have the same fascination about being a mod as you have. As a mod, you don't really get treated the same as other posters. Plus, you'll get a few moaners bashing you, thinking that you work for SI. So for that reason, I don't really care about becoming a mod, although if I was asked I would probably find it hard to turn down :D

Mainly 16 because of maturity and how people look at you. Mods are decided by votes and I see posters like you and Nomis coming before me as I am only 13 and any child can be unpredictable in the eyes of an adult.

I would love to do it, but I would like to stay the same as a poster and be able to have conversations like this.

Mainly 16 because of maturity and how people look at you. Mods are decided by votes and I see posters like you and Nomis coming before me as I am only 13 and any child can be unpredictable in the eyes of an adult.

I would love to do it, but I would like to stay the same as a poster and be able to have conversations like this.

I suppose that's true, even though it may be a little unfair. And I agree, Nomis would be a good moderator.

Thats a fair point Peter but alot of people wouldnt know you were 13 just by reading your posts. I never realised until the whole if FM was a woman thread:p Where did that go btw?

Thats a fair point Peter but alot of people wouldnt know you were 13 just by reading your posts. I never realised until the whole if FM was a woman thread:p Where did that go btw?

It died, which was a shame. It is nice to know people think of my grammar and literature that way. 3 years time and I will have 9000 posts (if I carry on like this) but a lad can hope.

Ahmufcwafc: Nomis would be a great moderator and so would yourself, I probably wouldn't if it came down to it,.

Ahmufcwafc: Nomis would be a great moderator and so would yourself, I probably wouldn't if it came down to it,.

Thanks, glad to hear that I'm appreciated :D Still don't understand why you don't think you would be a good mod though, you're a very decent poster imo.

Thanks, I've seen a few new posters that are good aswell, hopefully the forum will soon be clear of mindless rants

it's the same every year. People come here moan about the same thing when the game released: the game doesn't work, AI too strong/weak, strikers scoring too much/few, etc. Every version of the game is the worst version of the series history if you read the forum in the first month or so.

You will get used to it.

it's the same every year. People come here moan about the same thing when the game released: the game doesn't work, AI too strong/weak, strikers scoring too much/few, etc. Every version of the game is the worst version of the series history if you read the forum in the first month or so.

You will get used to it.

I expected it at the beginning but we are still getting it. Though it has been toned down a bit there are still a few rants. I think ahmufcwafc or someone got called an ***hole (don't now whether I can post that word :p). In a months time it will be calm again.

I expected it at the beginning but we are still getting it. Though it has been toned down a bit there are still a few rants. I think ahmufcwafc or someone got called an ***hole (don't now whether I can post that word :p). In a months time it will be calm again.

Yep that was me :D The abuse has toned down a lot over the last week or two on here. Either that or I'm just being a lot more patient.

Yep that was me :D The abuse has toned down a lot over the last week or two on here. Either that or I'm just being a lot more patient.

I am quite a patient lad (other than your example :p) and, quite honestly, I don't take any abuse to heart when it is over the internet, I don't care if someone don't like me on here. I just try and help everyone.

I am quite a patient lad (other than your example :p) and, quite honestly, I don't take any abuse to heart when it is over the internet, I don't care if someone don't like me on here. I just try and help everyone.

I don't know if I come across as being patient or not on these forums, but like you, I try to help out.

I don't know if I come across as being patient or not on these forums, but like you, I try to help out.

The way you took that abuse seemed patient to me. I just ignore posts like that as they are just after a respone and from me they won't get one. :p Do you believe there will be more mods for the release of FM10?

The way you took that abuse seemed patient to me. I just ignore posts like that as they are just after a respone and from me they won't get one. :p Do you believe there will be more mods for the release of FM10?

I think there might be, GQ needs another mod, or maybe two more in my opinion. I think mods are always appointed before the release of a new FM - this year it was Neji & GillsMan, last year i was Dafuge & someone else I think, although I might be wrong as I didn't visit the forums much until the new boards came in July.

There was supposed to be 3 new GQ mods this year, but Ter said that one person turned the job, & that they won't be offering the job to another poster for now at least.

Can't fault you for that - if they were shiny I'd want to be a mod, if they were pink my fiancee would - we all have our weakness! lol

btw you guys should really be here :p

I signed up a few weeks ago Jez, but haven't got around to posting yet - is the forum still alive? Because I'm not going to bother posting in a forum with few posts :p

Archived