Applying for Jobs bug

GMcW

I started with England Pl --> League 2 and SPL.

My manager has an automatic reputation.

Why is it that when I apply for all the jobs. Norway and Senegal offer me jobs, but Swindon don't?

Furthermore, having taken up the Senegal job, I play through the season and teams at the bottom of League 2 won't accept my job application. I thought the idea of "automatic" was that you wouldn't get jobs of a high reputation like say an international job of a nation in the top 50, but you would be able to get a low profile job, i.e. towards the bottom of your lowest league.

With both Swindon and the Cook Islands, they both might have a better idea for a manager in mind. With the Cook Islands especially, they may prefer a Cook Islander rather than an Englishman no matter how good the Englishman is. And bear in mind that a manager has 3 reputations: current (current country of management), home (nationality) and world, and that your world reputation may not match up to a Cook Islander's home reputation.

Automatic reputation means that after a few months you can get a job in the lowest league you have loaded.

But that's my point. I'm not getting a job in the lowest league I have loaded. I've applied for two league 2 jobs after 6 months. My reputation can only have been increased by my 100% record for Senegal so far, so why can't I get a job?

Automatic reputation means that you have no prior experience. To set your level of experience you need to use one of the other.

There may be a bug with international management. Have a look through the bugs forum and post it if no one else has.

I started unemployed and couldnt get a job for 18 months....then i realised my reputation was sunday league footballer :s

Cant Believe you let the game run for 18mths, I'd have given up way before then, as find it strange that people want to manage but are happy to wait for it, I realise it adds to the realism but 18mths is a very long time.

Archived