unable to win away games since 9.2

wonder if anybody experienced the same. i dont win any away games anymore since i patched. i draw a big amount of them and sometimes i beat a lower division team or crap continental side, but league matches i dont win away. i am using the same tactics as in 9.1 where i won a solid share of away games. on the other hand i have had only one draw at home games in 30 matches and won all other home games no matter who the opponent was. i often create a lot of chances away, but my strikers miss the easiest chances which they would score blindfolded in home matches.

i understand that away games are harder than home games and this should be simulated in the game, but not being able to beat above average teams away over 2 seasons is a bit unrealistic and takes the fun out.

i heard that others experienced the same. does anybody(and i dont refer to the selfacclaimed tactical geniuses of the game who never have any problems) have a tactic that manages to win away games vs solid teams?

cheers for any help.

There are times when teams struggle away from home. You can count on one hand the amount of times Fulham have won away from home in the last two or three seasons, for example. The answer probably does lie in tactics somewhere (although in real life, psychology probably plays a part too). However, I don't feel able to offer specific advice as I'm not really sure where to begin with tactics, to be honest! The most I will say is that, although it makes sense not to be too attacking, don't go defensive to the point where you're just inviting the home team onto you for 90 minutes.

For me, I am certainly finding away games no harder than I did before the 9.2.0 patch, so I can't say I'm experiencing any problems.

lol just had an uefa cup away game vs benfica. i had like 20 shots and 15 or so on goal. hit the post 3 times and scored one goal. benfica had like 5 chances and equalised 80th minute. thats how a huge share of my away games go. my strikers just cant score away, regardless of the tactic. i am close to stopping to play this game. i am not managing a crap team, i got great players and still i wont win those damn away games and win 95% of my home games.

there was another thread that said there were two match engines. i doubt that, but i found out that i win my away games when i watch the game in 2d-mode while the best i can get in away games vs above average teams in away games in 3d-mode are draws.

weird, why do i manage to win away games in 2d mode and not in 3d mode? this really starts to look like a bug.

there was another thread that said there were two match engines. i doubt that, but i found out that i win my away games when i watch the game in 2d-mode while the best i can get in away games vs above average teams in away games in 3d-mode are draws.

weird, why do i manage to win away games in 2d mode and not in 3d mode? this really starts to look like a bug.

It would purely be a coincidence. It is the same match engine, just two different ways of watching it.

It would purely be a coincidence. It is the same match engine, just two different ways of watching it.

well how come i won my first away matches right away after switching the view? while i struggled for 2 seasons winning anything away except to lower division sides or continental crap teams?

here is the link of the other thread btw.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=85365

well how come i won my first away matches right away after switching the view? while i struggled for 2 seasons winning anything away except to lower division sides or continental crap teams?

here is the link of the other thread btw.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=85365

Just a coincidence.

If you read through that thread you've linked you'll notice a lot of people saying that the same match engine is used for 2D and 3D.

well people saying its the same engine doesnt change a thing. there has been no dev stating that and on the other hands the results speak a clear language. not winning away matches for over 2 seasons and now winning in 2d mode and not winning again if i change to 3d mode says it all. perhaps its the same engine, doesnt matter, the problem is still there. if it was me on the pitch i would say its psychosomatic, but since i doubt i can have any karmic-influence on my players on the pc, it looks like a bug.

well people saying its the same engine doesnt change a thing. there has been no dev stating that and on the other hands the results speak a clear language. not winning away matches for over 2 seasons and now winning in 2d mode and not winning again if i change to 3d mode says it all. perhaps its the same engine, doesnt matter, the problem is still there. if it was me on the pitch i would say its psychosomatic, but since i doubt i can have any karmic-influence on my players on the pc, it looks like a bug.

This should clarify it

Archived