RAM or Video Card? What makes FM run better?

Ok if i had to upgrade my computer and had to choose one of the options of RAM or to get a decent video card which would be the better option? Which would make the game run fast? I currently have 512 mb RAM but a horrible 32 mb video card? So what should i go for? 1 GB RAM or a decent 256 mb video card? Help would be appreciated. Really want to play this game!! :D

The problem is im not getting a 128video card easily for AGP. RAM iv upgraded to 1.5gb RAM now so hopefully the game will be ok. If its yet slow then il go about trying to find a 128 mb vid card. But will 1.5gb RAM be good enough to run this game smoothly with 2 leagues and maximum a medium database?

The problem is im not getting a 128video card easily for AGP. RAM iv upgraded to 1.5gb RAM now so hopefully the game will be ok. If its yet slow then il go about trying to find a 128 mb vid card. But will 1.5gb RAM be good enough to run this game smoothly with 2 leagues and maximum a medium database?

should be good.

PC System Requirements
OS - Windows Vista or XP
Processor Speed - Vista - 2.0GHz, XP - 1.4GHz Memory - Vista - 1GB, 
XP - 512MB Videocard - 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

So for Vista or XP you have sufficient RAM

hi this is the system spec of my computer will this be ok to run fm 2009

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E7300 processor (2.66GHz, 1066MHz, 3MB cache) edit

OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium with Service Pack 1, 32-bit - English edit

HARDWARE SUPPORT 1 Year Limited Warranty - Collect & Return edit

MICROSOFT SOFTWARE Microsoft® Works 9.0 - English edit

MEMORY 3072MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024 + 2x512] edit

MONITOR 17in S1709W WIDESCREEN UK Black (1440 x 900) edit

HARD DRIVE 320GB (7200rpm) SATA Hard Drive edit

GRAPHICS CARD 128MB ATI® Radeon™ HD 2400 Pro graphics card edit

OPTICAL DRIVE DVD +/- RW Drive (read/write CD & DVD) edit

KEYBOARD Dell™ Entry Quietkey USB Keyboard - UK/Irish (QWERTY) edit

MOUSE Dell 2 Button USB Scroll Optical Mouse - Black

Manchester, your keyboard wont work with FM, You have made the easy mistake and chosen a quietkey board, this is gonna limit your typing speed on the game, and your mouse is gonna struggle to keep up with all the movement, I suggest you purchase a new set before playing FM. :)

If you want to play this game - the incentitive being the 3d engine - you would need a better video card. While Ram will make your computer faster, as it doesn't need to use the HD as temporary ram as much, the 3d engine will not be worth looking at with such a crap card that you have(if possible at all). There are plenty of relative cheap cards with 512 mb ram - ie Gforce 6200.

However, as I am now away from home and using another and slower computer(which is still faster than yours), I find the game very slow, and not too enjoyable. Find a game that matches your specs, if you don't have the money to upgrade, would be the best suggestion I can come up with.

Dell™ Enhanced USB Multimedia Keyboard would this keyboard be ok

NO NO NO. You really shouldn't buy a USB keyboard, what you need is a UKB keyboard, people are unaware that USB stands for United States Bit, and obviously UKB is United Kingdom Bit.

FM09 and the other series, are predominatly(sp?) UK games, yes they are available worldwide, WSM etc... so if you have a United States keyboard, it wont be as affective during major periods of the game, ie: transfer options, media comments and other stuff.

As we are on the subject, how long do you think my laptop will last in the future of FM, seeing many of you seem good with all the technical stuff: Acer Aspire 5920g, intel core duo processor (2.0GHZ), 1536mb ATI Radeon HD 3740, 4GB RAM

I am not too sure about the graphics card as when I google it says it is not a gaming card,

Manchester, I thought when you posted your original comment, showing the specs of your PC, I thought you were just showing off. Your specs are fine to play FM in any mode of your choice(3d or 2d in other words), you will be able to play with quite a few leagues selected.

Maybe think about looking into a new graphics card, now is the ideal time of the year to do so, due to the internet sales, and even (cough) PC world

Does it really matter if its worth £450 or not, the fact that your family paid for it should be enough to be honest. Thats a great present to recieve from your parents,

I know, I really appreciate it but am worried they over spent on me. To know they got it cheap or at a good price would ease my worries a bit, especially with the financial crunch many of us find ourselves in.

Archived