[RANT] Rants are Pants

This game is not like most games, this is more of a community with a programming team of its own (that the community contributes to financially). When the game comes out, though it is already tested extensively, there can be nowhere near 'enough' testing to be done on a game as enormous as this. There are so many possible fluctuations of the data that the game passed on to the community is guaranteed to have some issues.

So in steps the community, plays the game, reports issues, SI listens and fixes issues as and when they can within time frames and the bounds of human endeavour. Anybody that starts a rant of this nature and has played the game before ought to know better. New people will soon learn the reality. I mean some people are actually moaning about features that they can switch off quite easily in their own game. What are they moaning about? What, because they don't like the 3D engine, they think everybody else should have it removed?

If your computer is low spec, that's fine, but you can't expect others to have lower quality games until you decide to buy a new machine.

If you think the coding should be implemented in a different way, then get a job at SI. I'm sure they'll all be sat ready to take notes whenever you grant them the honour of hearing your words.

Some people have actually posted saying they don't like the game and they don't like SI. Ok, can I suggest you stop buying it then? Oh, you got it given? Put it on the pile of unwanted gifts along with your jumper that's three sizes too big.

So, best idea is, have a discussion about how things can improve still further. Report any bugs you come across. But 'rants' serve no purpose.

Yes I am fully aware of the irony, and indeed hypocrisy of having a rant about people ranting.

People aren't complaining about the 3d engine, they're complaining about the match engine and game breaking bugs. It shouldn't be the case where people start expecting SI to have a finished product by the 2nd or 3rd patch.

What I hate -- I'm not aiming at this thread -- is that people think that putting [RANT] in front of their thread title gives them the right to say whatever the hell they want to instead of being constructive.

There is no way SI will read a thread which declares that it is a non-constructive thread. There is no way they will pay attention to the contents of a thread which swears and moans aimlessly, so they will never see the good point which is occasionally buried within their self-declared rant.

This game is not like most games, this is more of a community with a programming team of its own (that the community contributes to financially). When the game comes out, though it is already tested extensively, there can be nowhere near 'enough' testing to be done on a game as enormous as this. There are so many possible fluctuations of the data that the game passed on to the community is guaranteed to have some issues.

So in steps the community, plays the game, reports issues, SI listens and fixes issues as and when they can within time frames and the bounds of human endeavour. Anybody that starts a rant of this nature and has played the game before ought to know better. New people will soon learn the reality. I mean some people are actually moaning about features that they can switch off quite easily in their own game. What are they moaning about? What, because they don't like the 3D engine, they think everybody else should have it removed?

If your computer is low spec, that's fine, but you can't expect others to have lower quality games until you decide to buy a new machine.

If you think the coding should be implemented in a different way, then get a job at SI. I'm sure they'll all be sat ready to take notes whenever you grant them the honour of hearing your words.

Some people have actually posted saying they don't like the game and they don't like SI. Ok, can I suggest you stop buying it then? Oh, you got it given? Put it on the pile of unwanted gifts along with your jumper that's three sizes too big.

So, best idea is, have a discussion about how things can improve still further. Report any bugs you come across. But 'rants' serve no purpose.

Yes I am fully aware of the irony, and indeed hypocrisy of having a rant about people ranting.

What a worthless toss. Just grow up, mate, really...

Archived