Strikers just not right...

On 9.1, strikers rating were just wrong. They would get less than 6 if they didnt score or set up a goal. They seemed to play okay though. I was happy apart from the raings sucking. I could live with it.

Now they just seem to suck most of the time. They actually have higher ratings but hardly ever score. In fact nothing attacking seems right now. The wizzy football has gone, they cant pass to their partner. The shooting is awful. In or out of the box, they just cant hit that target,and when they do the keeper saves.

I am playing 2 up front

Stats since patch

played/ scored/ assists ...(season)

James Vaughn 12/2/0...(16/13/3)

Mario Balloteli 12/4/0...(29/15/4)

Fernando Torres 11/8/0...(34-21-7) (okay 8 goals is very good, but they came against weak sides in 3 games).

Not one assist since the patch.

Is it just tactical?

My strikers struggle for goals aswell, last season Aguero had a spell where he went 25 HOURS without a goal. It was amazing. Proceeding that he got something stupid like 15 goals in 12 matches, and then a lowsy 3 in the remaining 15 or so. He finished as my top scorer with something like 19 goals in 58 games, with Torres behind him with 18 in 48. Both seem to miss countless 1 on 1's and a great amount of open goals aswell. Weird thing is, rather than me struggling from their lack of goals so to speak, the rest of my team all chip in with credible amounts aswell, for example Xabi Alonso scored 10 goals, Carragher 9, Saivet, Kuyt & Keane 7, Babel, Gerrard & Messi 6, Kranjcar, Santon & Insua 5. The spread of goals makes up for the lack of goals from the front two. Very strange. Probably is something wrong with my tactics, but god knows how many times I've altered them for the strike pairing at it not make the slightest difference.

i also got this striker problem. mine are doing fine and is on the road to being the leagues top scorer but whenever he doesnt score he'll get a 5.8 or a 6 max. this applies to both strikers and its a bit harsh because if a striker doesnt score it doesnt mean that he's not playing well.

That my strikers wont score is not a tactic problem because they did score alot with patch 1.

Second it cant be tactic because they get alot of real chances and they just wont score.

Also because your strikers are doing fine dont mean their is not a problem,look at all the people saying they cant score anymore.

And are you really trying to convince me with two super strikers that scoring is ok??

I don't know about attackers scoring or not scoring, I think I am down to 3 strikers out of 7, the only place I am suffering from injuries, although if it wasn't for a young regen, I would have been knocked out of the FA Cup 3rd qualifying round, and not win on penalties, when my striker missed but my gk scored.

Archived