FM on a notebook?

Right basically, the Mrs has got me one of these notebooks for xmas, like a really small laptop only thing its missing really is a cd drive cos theres no room for on. So what i want to know, is there anyway i can get FM onto it?

Ive already got the game on disc so don't want to download it on Steam and pay for it again. Is there anyway i can do it? Installing to an external hardrive maybe and then plugging that into the notebook and playing FM directly from that?

:confused::confused::confused:

Also just as a side note as someone else asked something similar too - installing to an external hdd from another computer will not work - you must install the game on the computer you want to run it on regardless of whether you install the files to an external hard drive or not - it's the same with any major program, and twofold with FM09 because as well as the usual registry edits etc which need to be done to each computer there's also the authentication which is unique to each computer - so in fact you can't even install it on both comps and use the same game files with 09 - you can use the same save game directory but not the same game files.

No idea to be honest, I'm just regurgitating what I've read elsewhere on these forums.

An external DVD drive shouldn't cost too much and it should be a decent investment -- you can use it every time you want to put something on the notebook, so I'd go with that option.

Archived