Does the AI crack your tactic?

Coop

It seems to be a major debate on here.

Have you had a sustained period of success using your tactic? Have you had to change each season or more often? Does this happen in real life?

Do you think the AI can crack your tactic?

Apparently the AI doesnt crack tactics at all. What happens is your players become over confident/demotivated/tired and your better players get picked up by the AI more and closed down/marked out of the play.

Also as reputations change, so to do the club ratings which effects how the AI will line up against you in a match - over time if you have sucess then you will need to be more progressive in your play to keep breaking teams down.

Apparently the AI doesnt crack tactics at all. What happens is your players become over confident/demotivated/tired and your better players get picked up by the AI more and closed down/marked out of the play.

Also as reputations change, so to do the club ratings which effects how the AI will line up against you in a match - over time if you have sucess then you will need to be more progressive in your play to keep breaking teams down.

so what your saying is that the ai doesn't 'crack' your tactics but it closes down your better players?

this is basically cracking your tactics isn't it.

i mean this post to be a question im not having a go :)

Surely if most of your players are superior it will make no difference what the opposition do (in other words they should worry about you not the other way around)?

Judging by posts on here it is just not happening that way.

I'm a great believer in football being a simple game. It's eleven against eleven, each player needs to win their personal battle against their opponent and the success will likely follow. Tactics are secondary to players.

I have no idea if the AI cracks your tactics but I do know I have needed to change tactics each season to maintain success. That's something I do not see most managers doing in real life.

Maybe if you dont just keep using the same tactic game after game then there isnt problem. Im not talking about major changes, just little tweaks here and there to adapt to the needs of individual games. In real life if a team played in an absolutely identical way then of course there opponents would figure out a way to play against it.

Maybe if you dont just keep using the same tactic game after game then there isnt problem. Im not talking about major changes, just little tweaks here and there to adapt to the needs of individual games. In real life if a team played in an absolutely identical way then of course there opponents would figure out a way to play against it.

Right sort off.

To much of this game is based on tactics and not on players. End of the day players should win games and not tactics which used to be the CM/FM way, but not anymore. Tactics should play their part but not as much as it does in this game or the previous couple of versions.

You need a tactic or you have no chance and this has made this game awful. In fact I guess i've not really enjoyed the last couple of versions despite playing over 60 odd seasons if not more.

I use a normal, a defensive and an attacking version of the same formation which I change in game as suits. It makes no difference, I still need to change tactics and formation each season.

I have taken Hitchin from Blue Square south to league 2 by only playing 4-4-2, but changing it depending on the players i have at the time and the opposition.

However i do agree to a certain extent that tactics may be a little bit over-egged, but if the rest of the game is not sufficently developed to make the game a challenege if tactics were simplified

Must confess I'm beginning to wonder! I beat Newcastle 1-0 with a bascic 4-4-2. Defended brilliantly and Michael Owen didn't get a sniff and they only got 1 shot on target. Next game Pompey. Same tactic and I lose 4-1, or I was losing 4-1 until I exited the game in a huff!!

Four long balls round the back of my defense which were so brilliant in the previous game. Why, why, why??!??!????

By the way has anyone ever done an experiment by replaying the same game time and time again with the same tactics and players and noting the results?

If so if the results ended up different why? If every game starts the same why do results differ?

i use a tweaked version of matthewgoodfield's tactic with man city, and haven't tweaked it in about 4 seasons, and i've won the league every season, with all the other cups won every now and then. so i'd say the AI doesn't crack your tactics.

35 seasons with one single 4-4-2 tactic with 4 variations.

Tactic cracking?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/myth

Hehe got ou beat there Matt,I have 1 tactic that I play at home and only adjust the attacking mentality and passing for away and had 2 very successful seasons and well on my way to a 3rd :)

edit-Ohh and I play a 3-5-2(5 across the middle)

Just the 34 seasons to go then fella... good luck...;)

LOL its going better very year and I only change the attack slider by -1 for away and passing to a bit more direct,all the hard work is done,now being the cheapskate manager I am I just spend my time searching for the next big thing :)

No real life team uses the exact same tactics every match... other teams would be able to work you out, and adapt their game to suit.

They scout you in this game, and if they see you've played the exact same formation and tactical approach, their going to suss you, it's just as in real life. You can't say they are cracking your tactics, their just adapting to you're overly predictable approach.

I have 5 different tactics I've saved, so they are easily selectable during the match - they are all based loosely round the same core, basically a 4-1-2-1-2 , but each has different player runs, different levels of attacking/defending, tackling intensity, closing down, etc. It's not a stretch for my players to change mid game, as the changes are not massive, so a quick click of the dropdown to shake things up when things are not going great, and the players respond well.

I start with my main attacking one when at home, against a team I should beat, and tend not to change (although I do have an "all out attack" one for when things aren't going well). I have one I always use for tricky away games where I am underdog, one for continental games home/away, etc... I'll probably develop 3 or 4 more variations, so eventually I'll have a preset tactic selectable from a menu for just about every situation I can come across. If you keep using the same range of tactics, your players adapt pretty well, and get used to them... they don't complain or lose form if the changes are not too big. Keep your sam basic shape, and you can't go far wrong.

Just don't keep it too predictable, or you will get sussed out, just like you'd be if you were doing this for real!

The problem gents is the fact that half the advice to people is "don't change your tactics too often or you will never get your side to settle" then someone says "Just don't keep it too predictable, or you will get sussed out, just like you'd be if you were doing this for real!" "I have 5 different tactics I've saved."

Not having a pop at anyone it's just that people are now confused. I mean how can your team settle if you have 5 different tactics? Yet how can you team not get sussed unless you change? It's a chicken and the egg situation!!!

Half the problem is FM has too many possibilities for tactics that wouldn't work in real life. I mean for instance a 2-2-2-2-1-1. Who would play that in real life? No-one.

I disagree that most Clubs IRL change tactics a lot. Most play a 4-4-2, 4-5-1 or a (4-1-2-3 / 4-1-4-1 / 4-3-3) style that Chelsea used to play. They may close down often or drop off and may man mark or zone mark but in the main it will be the same tactic.

People have just become confused!

Archived