Help getting the game to work please

this is from the known issues and solutions FAQ:

ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

I have downloaded this but I dont know where I need to extract it to? Could somebody help me please?

well i wasnt sure where to put it so I guessed there, and it started extracting and it was asking me whether i wanted to replace files as they already existed, so i said yes to all assuming this must be the right files being updated, and now when i try and load up football manager nothing happens. On the known issues and solutions I would have thought that it would explain where to put this?

well i wasnt sure where to put it so I guessed there, and it started extracting and it was asking me whether i wanted to replace files as they already existed, so i said yes to all assuming this must be the right files being updated, and now when i try and load up football manager nothing happens. On the known issues and solutions I would have thought that it would explain where to put this?

That was what I was thinking too so more than likely that means that you can extract it anywhere. Have you tried clicking on any of the extracted files to see what happens?

ok well its not on my laptop its on my little brothers pc so I cant do anything until I go back to his house, I will check tomorrow and click on the extracted files etc.

I will update tomorrow and let you know if I have any success, thanks very much for all your help lads, hope your having a good festive period!

Archived