FM 2009 9.2.0 Demo

Daniel I do not think it's an absurd thing to ask. I also didn't ask for your oponion, and would like to see you keeping it for yourself next time. (I don't know what Woolys and Zavvi is, i quess it's a store, yet not one we have here.)

Is it too much to ask to try something out before you buy it? I'd like to see first for myself before I spend € 50,- (which for me isn't cheap)

I previously bought it even though the demo didn't work so good, yet SI told us that there would be a patch on the day of the release, i figured that it would probably fix my issue. Well it didn't, so instead of figuring I'd rather be sure.

@TheOriginalJez: That's a shame, my system most definately meets the minimum requirements. Would be a shame having to buy a new laptop only to be able to play the latest FM version again.

For what it's worth, I had problems with the 3D view. Switching it off didn't fix the issue(sometimes it would work, other times it would just freeze on going to the match.), but still I think it has something to do with the 3D part. Isn't there a possibility to make it possible not to install the 3d stuff? So it's just "plain old" 2D and nothing more?

Well - like most of us - it's the only game I play. I'm heavily involved in the dutch scene, even own my own website there. It's just crap to not be able to play the game together with all the others. It's like i'm stuck with 2008 whilst everyone else is playing 2009. Haha, it's not fair :p

Anyways, 400 won't even get me there. At least, not if I want a laptop to run it on..

Well - like most of us - it's the only game I play. I'm heavily involved in the dutch scene, even own my own website there. It's just crap to not be able to play the game together with all the others. It's like i'm stuck with 2008 whilst everyone else is playing 2009. Haha, it's not fair :p

Anyways, 400 won't even get me there. At least, not if I want a laptop to run it on..

On the contrary, mine cost 400 quid about a year and runs FM09 fine!

P.S, dont stick with 08, go back to 07, its the best ;)

Ramon, my laptop crashed and restarted itself whenever I played 3D on the demo. I'm not sure if it was the game alone, but it was also very jerky and slow. Just got the real game and on 9.2, it runs like a dream both processing and in-match.

I know you didn't want someone to tell you about it, but it seems the only solution. Alternatively you could try patching the demo: download the patch file, run it and change it to target the fm.exe file in the demo folder. That might just work.

Ramon, my laptop crashed and restarted itself whenever I played 3D on the demo. I'm not sure if it was the game alone, but it was also very jerky and slow. Just got the real game and on 9.2, it runs like a dream both processing and in-match.

I know you didn't want someone to tell you about it, but it seems the only solution. Alternatively you could try patching the demo: download the patch file, run it and change it to target the fm.exe file in the demo folder. That might just work.

Nice idea but unfortunately it won't - (I believe) the full patches have to be written with the DRM code included, whereas the demo doesn't have the DRM - so patching the demo with the full patch makes the game look for the authentication certificate creating the need to authenticate the demo people had when they tried the full 9.1 patch rather than the demo patch before.

My reasoning may be faulty, it's just what I've been able to gather, but either way the end result is the same - full game patch breaks the demo.

Archived