Ways of Improving Work Permit Chances

After a Regen for my Rushden team in League 1 now. He's 19 and from Jordan, has been playing in Spain for a year and has 9 International Caps.

I fear my chances of signing him are slim due to this work permit as he's more than happy to join my team. He's a steal for 50k as is scouted at having leading premiership star quality.

Are there any things I can do to improve my chances of getting some Work Permits granted for players? Higher wages perhaps, Key Player status? I've offered the most I can but something tells me its not enough lol.

Any advice is welcome.

9 international caps might be enough, given his age (suggests he's played a fair few of Jordan's internationals in the past two years), unless Jordan are ranked lower than 70 on the world rankings. Otherwise it won't make a difference, probably. I haven't seen the type of status offered make a difference.

I didn't get him...

I'll keep an eye on him and sign him next season if he's still good. Will have been in Spain for 2 years then, long enough to gain EU status.

Assuming no big team see's him and snaps him up lol...

that's usually the case you watch a player on your shortlist then countless clubs become interested lol

I'll keep an eye on him and sign him next season if he's still good. Will have been in Spain for 2 years then, long enough to gain EU status.

It'll take more than 2 years for a Jordanian to gain Spanish nationality, won't it? Isn't it just South Americans who are fast-tracked?

Archived