why cant i play fm09?

tree

went though steam setup clicked on fm09 on the desktop icon it gives me a muitiplayer key thing so i copy that to word then i go back to my desktop and click on fm09 icon and a box comes up briefly saying preaparing to install but the game is allready installed so how can i play the game ?

do not use steam or ulock again as i.ve had my version of fm09 4 days and i still cant play the . thing my girlfriend has bought it for me for christmas if i knew it was going to cause this much trouble to play the thing i wouldnt have asked her to buy it for me registaring with steam not a problem activateing game not an problem it says on steam status 100% ready go i press launch and nothing.. no play button 7 attempts at uninstalling/reinstalling later still wont work i click on the icon on desktop nothing i.m going back to fm08

AAAARRRGGGGHH!!......how rubbish is this authentication system...been trying since christmas. installed via steam, put in authentication code and all i get is soft anchor cant connect to the internet check your settings...tried to let it through firewall, but am unable to find it.??...so i removed steam version and downloaded via uniloc and its the same!!! at this rate i would be better returning the game and getting the cracked version which has been doing the rounds in my town! Least then i get to play the game!!!!!

AAAARRRGGGGHH!!......how rubbish is this authentication system...been trying since christmas. installed via steam, put in authentication code and all i get is soft anchor cant connect to the internet check your settings...tried to let it through firewall, but am unable to find it.??...so i removed steam version and downloaded via uniloc and its the same!!! at this rate i would be better returning the game and getting the cracked version which has been doing the rounds in my town! Least then i get to play the game!!!!!

That was what was happening on release day when the server was overwhelmed. Presumably they're overwhelmed again because of Christmas. I know it's a drag but keep trying.

I installed my game today via STEAM. Had no problems whatsoever, thankfully.

(One minor graphical glitch which was sorted instantly)

I must have been one of the lucky ones - I was expecting something like this (OP) to happen to me.

That was what was happening on release day when they server was overwhelmed. Presumably they're overwhelmed again because of Christmas. I know it's a drag but keep trying.

cheers for the advice, i will keep trying for a bit longer! if i cant get it on then i will just return it, i know its for protection against piracy but its pretty poor when you pay good money for something then you have to try for days to get it working....worse thing is, it hasnt stopped the piracy, there is already a cracked version available! bizarre! people who buy it legally cant play it cause of all the hassle, but those who have a pirated copy have been playing it for weeks! LOL

Archived