Anyone played as a Spanish B Team?

Hi there.

I've been experimenting with 09 since I got it a few days ago (guess when!), but haven't yet settled on a club to play a proper game with.

It was during my experiments that I came upon the B teams which are related to many Spanish clubs. I had a little play around by creating users as managers of Atletico and Atletico B, but it didn't give me a full idea of how it works.

So, enlighten me. I have two main areas of questioning:

1) The way the system works. If the senior manager decides he doesn't want my players on his wage bill, he can transfer list and sell players out of my B squad. Is this correct? What other elements of control do I forfeit to the senior team manager?

2) The way the game handles it. Do the AI managers actually do that kind of thing as we might expect them to? If I was senior manager, I would see it as reasonable to release/sell players out of the B team in order to create space on my wage bill. But do the AI managers do this?

The main reason I ask this second question is because I am considering writing an FM Story (get on over to the forum) and the relationship between me as a B Team manager and the senior manager could be great to write about - if the AI handles it well.

So, if you have managed a Spanish B team... tell me about it!

Archived