How many leagues are people running?

english prem to league 2.turkish prem.scottish prem.portuguese prem.dutch prem.spanish prem.italian prem.russian prem.belgium prem.french prem.german prem.

Then large database and load all players from argentina,brazil,chile,norway,sweden,serbia,usa

acer veriton 4gb ram qaudcore Q6600 2.4Ghz:thup:

god knows how you guys run ll these leagues is the game running fast?

i run all uk leagues and ireland on a amd phenom quad core 2.6ghz and 8gb ram

you could run wot you want with 8gb ram pal or was you been funny:confused::D

you could run wot you want with 8gb ram pal or was you been funny:confused::D

no i'm serious i tried to run all of uk and the top 5 or 6 european leagues and it took ages to set up on a huge database though, and then after the wait for the game to start it takes ages to process betwen days and that

no i'm serious i tried to run all of uk and the top 5 or 6 european leagues and it took ages to set up on a huge database though, and then after the wait for the game to start it takes ages to process betwen days and that

Mmm very strange with them spec you should get no probs should fly,You got latest patch and that do you have any programs running in background.MIND you with 8gb ram should't really matter:confused:

Mmm very strange with them spec you should get no probs should fly,You got latest patch and that do you have any programs running in background.MIND you with 8gb ram should't really matter:confused:

yeah latest patch ive seen people say on here that it dosen't really utilise that much ram anyway but i don't understand why it takes ages to process maybe i'm just impatient but i expected a bit more from my machine, maybe i'll give it another try

yeah latest patch ive seen people say on here that it dosen't really utilise that much ram anyway but i don't understand why it takes ages to process maybe i'm just impatient but i expected a bit more from my machine, maybe i'll give it another try

Try toning down the level of detail to the local league only. :thup:

Leagues: A-League, Chinese Leagues(View Only), Croatian League(View Only), Serbia League(view only), Argentina 1st and 2nd, England all leagues, Spain all leagues, Italy Serie A and B, Portugal Liga Vitalis and above, Scotland 3rd div and above

On a 2 gig ram dell inspiron 1525 laptop,Intel Core2 Duo, 32 bit operating system and its running fine. Also a intel x3100 integrated gfx card and its running 3d fine

Running all of the leagues as playable, large database. It will start to crawl horribly about season 3 (which is when i usually start a new game anyway).

4 gig ram, quad core intel overclocked from 2.8ghz to 3.45ghz.

I could maybe improve its performance if I moved to a 64 bit operating system and doubled the RAM.

Running all of the leagues as playable, large database. It will start to crawl horribly about season 3 (which is when i usually start a new game anyway).

4 gig ram, quad core intel overclocked from 2.8ghz to 3.45ghz.

I could maybe improve its performance if I moved to a 64 bit operating system and doubled the RAM.

Im on vista ultimate 64bit hard to tell to be honest if 64bit makes diffrence probley dose has it gets more out of my 4gb ram or should do:D

I seriously doubt you all have such immense computers.

Anyway, a true answer:

All English Leagues, Italian Seria A, Spanish Prem

Computer is an AMD X2 4200+

1Gb ram

ATI X1900XTX 512mb

Why would you doubt 3 poster's having a good system?

Anyway I run 36 league's with a large database,I run the game on Dual-core@2.66,vista 32,4gb RAM,8800gt 512mg card.

The game runs really fast I am in my 3rd season and no problems thus far.

Alot of you lads make my 13 divisions look poor. Can't wait until the new year and buy my £1000 beast. 80 leagues. . . the depth to that must be fantastic.

You could get a quad core with a million gig of ram (Q6600's will be cheap as chips in the new year) for £400 inc delivery if you built it yourself.

On OEM systems the markup is 90% and they use cheap non branded crap internals ..

My rig is not coping comfortably with FM 2009 (either patch), whereas with FM 2008 I could run as many leagues as I wanted on Large database and it flew by okay.

Funny thing is, I even started a new game with a Small database, no players added, and just four leagues (England). And I noticed no difference whatsoever. So I don't think it's my specs (Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66 GHz, 2.9 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS).

So I've started a new game on Large Database, and four leagues in England (playable). The rest are View Only = France (Ligue 1 only), Germany (First Division only), Italy (Serie A only), Holland (Eredivisie only), Portugal (Liga Sagres only), Scotland (Premier League only), Spain (Liga BBVA only), Argentina (Premier Division only), Brazil (First Division only). No players added.

Unless you go for really really high specs, which will overcome any niggles by sheer brute force lol, it's a toss up as to whether FM 2009 will run smoothly on your computer. At present.

Gaffovski I have the very same processor as you,the only difference is I have more RAM and better video card(which isnt that important as yours is more than enough).

Can I ask what OS you are using and also if you are running alot of programs at start up?

Gaffovski I have the very same processor as you,the only difference is I have more RAM and better video card(which isnt that important as yours is more than enough).

Can I ask what OS you are using and also if you are running alot of programs at start up?

Windows XP service pack 3. And no, I don't like to have a lot of programs running at start up. Don't rule out the different/better video card not being important. Sometimes even a theoretically worse one will work better with certain programs than the better cards. Rare, but not unknown. Which one are you using?

62 leagues from 41 nations.

With all additional players loaded (I cant stand not having full database of staff and players).

DDTgenerator.co.uk is useful!

-edit- I have said this a million times now but here goes again: all you need is a couple of gigs of ram and a half decent dual core CPU. Just run one league on full detail.

75 leagues in 39 countries, all running in full detail. All players from England, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Brazil, Portugal, and many African countries loaded in a Large database.

P4 3.4/HyperThreading, 2GB RAM, nVidia 8600 Fata1ity Edition (passively cooled -- no fan!)

1 to 5 minute continues, except Jan-Mar 2011, where some kinda bug (reported here) slows me WAY down to 15-30 minute continues...

MLS, England (Blue square and above), France (National and above), Germany (top), Italy (C1 and above), Holland (Eerste and above), Portugal (Liga vitalis and above), Russia (top), Spain (LIGA adelante and above).

Large database

AMD athlon x2 6000, 3.1 GHz

3.5 GB RAM (or however much xp can handle, got 4 GB in total)

Nvidia 8600, 512 MB graphics card.

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds very encouraging. I will start a game with 15 leagues then. I hope that I do not regret it because I like long term games.

Is there any noticeable slowdown once you start approaching the 40th season?

I will rather play with just 3 leagues if so.

I have England (League 2 - Prem), Scotland (Prem), Spain (prem), Italy (prem)

My recommended setup was all of these with all the leagues in the countries but i didnt want that many.

I am pretty sure i could possibly run about 8 or 9 countries as you can always run more than the recommended setup but i really dont need to.

England - League 2 and above

Scotland - Division 3 and above

Spain - Liga Adelante and above

Germany - 2.Bundesliga and above

Italy - Serie B and above

I can run all of them without any irregular freezing.

I don't normally run the German league, but I changed it this time around. I sometimes add in the French league, but not too often.

I don't know my computer specs at hand, but I run just under 20 divisions with ease.

I only play with the 3 leagues..i didn't select anymore....should i of???? Is there a way ogf adding more leagues with out starting a new game?

When you ask "Should I?" well nobody can answer as it entirely up to you. :D

Obviously the more leagues and players you load the more indepth your game is but the more you load the slower it becomes.

There is no way to add more leagues without starting a new game.

AMD x2 6000+

2 GB of DDR 2 6400 (800mhz)

Currently running all of Europe plus Brazil and Argentina.

All playable.

Avg. mem usage 500mb

Peak 1200 mb

:eek: :eek:

Does it ever take over 20 secs to go through a day (well, except during transfer window)? Ive never tried running so many leagues :p

Im kind of impatient and for me 10 secs (for a day) is already a long time ;)

:eek: :eek:

Does it ever take over 20 secs to go through a day (well, except during transfer window)? Ive never tried running so many leagues

Im kind of impatient and for me 10 secs (for a day) is already a long time ;)

It was bloody slow. Have since restarted with only 40 leagues from 15 nations and that is also very slow. 10-15 mins between fixtures. :thup:

I tend to play FM and do fifteen other things at once though so its no biggie.

This place slows down my playing considerably.

:D It certainly does.

That and Skype and trying to do some work, reading the news, catching up on email, podcasts, trying to be intelligent in correspondence and not whingey and teenage etc.

Nice thing about Windowed FM is it doesn't demand your complete attention and you can just put it down for a few hrs and come back to it ..

Previous versions demanded your whole attention because they were actually responsive. :) I think I prefer it slow ..!

All of Europe to the lowest playable league (except the Irelands, Wales, Iceland, Turkey and Bulgaria - maybe 1 more) plus Australia and USA. I also load all players from every European nation and a few select others. Large database.

To be honest I could have loaded Bulgaria and Turkey (no point in loading the small British nations - would never manage there in current game) because my game isn't exactly running slower than I'm worried about. I can get in 3 or 4 games in a 2 hour spell if I don't do other things. That suits me.

Intel Core 2 6300 @1.86GHz

2G RAM

Ge Force 7900 GS 256MB

Archived