Big clubs sign big players... don't they?

After reading this thread I was going to bump it saying I do reload games to get ideal results, yeah. To make Manchester United win the CL every season. :p Usually I don't have to reload but this season Arsenal seem to be legendary and I've just finished something like a 10th reload to get my team to beat them. I don't manage United, so it's not really cheating, just fixing a result... but back to the point of this thread: What does make me wonder is that United's team, in 2015, is: Foster, Simpson, Evra, Ferdinand, Brown, Ronaldo, Nani, Fletcher, Anderson, Rooney, Tevez. For those not in the know, these are all current United players. They also have Campbell, Carrick, Rafael, O'Shea, Berbatov, Park, Possebon, Evans, Hargreaves - all current United players. Which makes me wonder: What signings have they made in the past 7 years? I checked! Turns out they didn't sign anyone in 2009/10, 2010/11, 2011/12 and 2012/13. Something to me screams unrealistic. :p

Just to add to that, the biggest signing they made in 2008/09 was apparently Pat Jennings for £275k. 2013/14 they got Nigel de Jong for £14.5m, and the next year they snapped up Scott Sinclair for £4.9m. So it's not completely hopeless.

So, is this the same with you guys? Do the big clubs in your games buy big players every 1-3 seasons, or do they wait six years before splashing the cash?

Methinks SI could consider this as something to work on for future patches: A big club should always spend once in a while or else the fans would get unhappy. Maybe they could add something in so that if you do not sign anyone at all, the fans complain lightly for the first season (put it in the same place as signings confidence) and the season after if nothing is done again then they grow a bit more agitated, etc.

I absolutely agree. I play with United in every version of this game and i have barely ever seen Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool buying as many players as they really should be. Their squads after 4-5 years are generally unchanged which is a bit unrealistic.

I agree aswell, in my game the big 4 have hardly brought at all in 3 years. Man Utd have bought no-one, Liverpool and Chelsea have bought a few and Arsenal have just bought Nani from Man Utd - their first signing in 3 years!

The only team spending big are Man City.

Complete opposite in my game. liverpool is buying so many expensive players that i'm starting to wonder where they get the money to afford them since they've not had a lot of big money outgoings. Chelsea and arsenal have been buying alot of star players but not as much as liverpool and of course man city.

Complete opposite in my game. liverpool is buying so many expensive players that i'm starting to wonder where they get the money to afford them since they've not had a lot of big money outgoings. Chelsea and arsenal have been buying alot of star players but not as much as liverpool and of course man city.

dont call man utd, man u. if you support the team you should know this! if you need to know why google it. disgraceful!

dont call man utd, man u. if you support the team you should know this! if you need to know why google it. disgraceful!

I googled it...

Man U.

In Hinduism, Manu is a title accorded the progenitor of mankind, first king to rule this earth, who saves mankind from the universal flood. He is honest which is why he is called "Satyavrata", or oath of truth.

Mahabharata says: "And Manu was embued with great wisdom and devoted to virtue. And he became the progenitor of a line. And in Manu's race have been born all human beings, who have, therefore, been called Manavas. And it is of Manu that all men including Brahmanas, Kshatriyas, and others have been descended, and are, therefore, all called Manavas. Subsequently, O monarch, the Brahmanas became united with the Kshatriyas. And those sons of Manu that were Brahmanas devoted themselves to the study of the Vedas. "The ten sons of Manu are known as Vena, Dhrishnu, Narishyan, Nabhaga, Ikshvaku, Karusha, Saryati, the eighth, a daughter named Ila, Prishadhru the ninth, and Nabhagarishta, the tenth. They all betook themselves to the practices of Kshatriyas. Besides these, Manu had fifty other sons on Earth. But we heard that they all perished, quarrelling with one another."[1]

So forza utd was just being ridiculous and overly PC. It's not even Manu, it's Man U. There's a wrestler in WWE called Manu, should we all call him disgraceful? How about all the people called Mohammed/Muhammad/Muhammed and Jesus?

Anyway, off-topic...

No, I dont believe its religous )) I think its something to do with various songs rival fans sing about the Munich disaster amongst others. I may be wrong!

Back on topic - Well, Fergie does like holding onto aging players in real-life, but then he splashes out more money than I earn in a week (30mill) on a single player. In the game he never does that (from what I've seen).

So forza utd was just being ridiculous and overly PC. It's not even Manu, it's Man U. There's a wrestler in WWE called Manu, should we all call him disgraceful? How about all the people called Mohammed/Muhammad/Muhammed and Jesus?

Anyway, off-topic...

pc? no i just dont like man utd 'fans' calling us Man U!! like the guy above said it comes from the munich air crash. from a song created by west brom - a line of which is 'duncan edwards is manure'. perhaps i am being overly pc. i dont really care what fans of other teams call us. but no so called utd fans who dont even know enough about the club to know that!

try googling man utd man u insult. and not trying to be so hilariously funny!

Anyway, off-topic...

missed the point completely. fool

Liverpool: Niko Kranjcar and Stewart Downing

Manchester United: Toni Kroos, Martin Caceres, David Wheater, and Gierdrius Arlaukis

Chelsea: Yoann Gorcuff, Lucio, and Jeremy Toulalan

Arsenal: Franck Ribery

October of the third season.

City have bought £250M worth of players.

Back to the topic. I agree the other teams i see buying players in the premiership are Man City and Tottenham that are buying the big players. I play as At.Madrid in my game otherwise I would be playing with Tottenham

Man City top mine with £219 million in 2 an a half seasons. Surprisingly Portsmouth are 2nd with £152 million thanks to a takeover by some Maltese guys with more money than sense! Well, maybe a little harsh actually, first thing they did was hire Rikjaard :D

Man Yoo had to buy some new players on my game, they need them for their assault on the UEFA cup places, especially after I pinched Ronaldo off them for £27m. Arsenal have signed a few players, notably Stuart Downing, most un-Wengerlike signings. Liverpool's squad is pretty much the same after 3 seasons, though they did win the title the first couple of years. Chelski are pretty much the same + Pandev. Constrastingly though Milan and Inter seem determined to buy up all the good players in the world just to stop me from signing them (I'm Juventus). However I have £75m burning a hole in my pocket and they're gonna pay come January...mwahahahahahaha!

Archived