I Quit

Like many of you, ive been playing CM/FM for years. This is the first game that ive had any problems with. Ive started a new game about 10 times in the past few weeks and the results are all the same, 20 games in ive lost somewhere between 12-17 games no matter what team I play with. Ive reinstalled the game twice but its no use. It really sucks because I love playing this game but with all of these bugs I cant. Im going to sit and wait patiently for the next patch to come out and hopefully then I can get back to playing.

Like many of you, ive been playing CM/FM for years. This is the first game that ive had any problems with. Ive started a new game about 10 times in the past few weeks and the results are all the same, 20 games in ive lost somewhere between 12-17 games no matter what team I play with. Ive reinstalled the game twice but its no use. It really sucks because I love playing this game but with all of these bugs I cant. Im going to sit and wait patiently for the next patch to come out and hopefully then I can get back to playing.

I am not trying to be rude, but you didn't mention any bug, while stating that game is unplayable due to bugs.

Unless you considering losing quite a bit as bug.This years FM is relatively more challenging then other versions , and it appears to require more micro-management in tactics and man management.

Other then that game is quite playable.It's far from perfect, but still quite playable and possibly enjoyable.

i honestly think this version is easier than 08. Fair enough I haven't won anything yet but my team is performing reasonably well with the quality of players I have. The tactic I've made is quite simple so it's not like i got a super tactic either.

Maybe a quick visit to the Tactics forum might help?

The notion that the game is too complex and that this is ruining some people's fun is something I can definitely sympathise with. Sometimes I wonder if it's a tinsy bit too hard myself.

However, I've enjoyed FM09 immensely since release day, and I've been pretty successful, although admittedly that's with Roma. It's my favourite FM so far.

i honestly think this version is easier than 08. Fair enough I haven't won anything yet but my team is performing reasonably well with the quality of players I have. The tactic I've made is quite simple so it's not like i got a super tactic either.

It depends what team You play, with more or less decent teams it's hell, belive me =] but I can still enjoy this game even if it's soo (too?) hard ;p

It's far from perfect, but still quite playable and possibly enjoyable.

I would agree and not only that I am finding it enjoyable. It took me a bit of tweaking but once I got the hang of it, I'm succeeding and enjoying myself. I find myself having to play just one more game, which is the true mark of CM/FM.

The past couple of versions though, I have found it best to choose a big team (one of the top half of the top league in a country) to learn the tactics and how my changes effect what is seen on the pitch. After understanding that, then I will start challenging myself with lower leagues and see if I can eventually get my team promoted all the way to the top.

But, then again.....that's just me ;)

I understand what you guys are saying but loosing constantly is not the only problem. I dont think the game is too difficult I just think that without the bugs (teams constantly scoring in the first 5 minutes of the game against me, players getting injured for a month and coming back and getting injured the same day for another month) just doesnt make the game fun anymore. Ive downloaded peoples tactics and they havent worked either. I love playing and I dont really know what im going to do until the next patch comes out! I dont want to go back to '08 so I guess i just have to sit tight.

That has more to do that FM 08 was completely messed up , then it was hard, although it was still ridiculously easy. There was at least 7-8 big time issues that were affecting your game, beyond your control. .

They are all gone in FM 09 , so it is much easier to see results of your adjustments and efforts.

I do agree that FM 09 can be easy , but i contribute that to loads of extra feedback that is now available in comparison to, example, FM 07 ( last decent FM, imho).I don't think that i would like to put FM 08 into any comparisons with anything but CM4 , because they were almost equally bad(CM4 slightly more).

The month-long injuries rarely end up actually lasting a month if you have good physios. Most seem to be done in half the estimated time. Remember they are injury estimates, just as IRL; players can take less time or more time to return.

I understand what you guys are saying but loosing constantly is not the only problem. I dont think the game is too difficult I just think that without the bugs (teams constantly scoring in the first 5 minutes of the game against me, players getting injured for a month and coming back and getting injured the same day for another month) just doesnt make the game fun anymore. Ive downloaded peoples tactics and they havent worked either. I love playing and I dont really know what im going to do until the next patch comes out! I dont want to go back to '08 so I guess i just have to sit tight.

concede a goal in the first 5 minutes of the game is not a bug though. It's clearly something wrong with the setup of your players or the players themselves.

Download tactics never work for me either. What I do is read how people set up tactics and follow the sensible advises. You don't really need to read that much to create one that will work.

concede a goal in the first 5 minutes of the game is not a bug though. It's clearly something wrong with the setup of your players or the players themselves.

Download tactics never work for me either. What I do is read how people set up tactics and follow the sensible advises. You don't really need to read that much to create one that will work.

Agree , it appears form posts on this forums that days of "one for all" tactics are gone, because they were based on ME flaws.Even if something works for one , will not work for another one without tweaking.

I always used my own stuff, trying to fit it to team that i am playing with. You can keep it simple and still have success, mind you.

This game isn't so hard. With that I mean you can get fairly good success without going crazy with tactics and such. I put down abit more time on players training to ensure they all got to train up their weaknesses. My tactic is a 4-1-3-2 with pretty much the built in personal instructions. The only thing I've changed is the mentality settings so they match my attacking style. Didn't take many minutes to set it up. Playing with Lincoln I won promotion from league 2 the first season, second place in the league, projected a safe midtable position. Second season I'm 6th in league 1, projected relagation.

i cant win any away games in this game except vs really weak teams. at home i beat any! team. no matter what tactic i try away...vs the above average team there is just no chance to get away with anything. i am taking a break aswell, too frustrating. version 9.1.0 i was winning trophies and suceeding, same tactics and changed tactics and i suck in 9.2.0...well done SI.

sometimes i really dominate away games and my players will screw up the easiest chances while the home team just scores way easier with less chances...

Agree , it appears form posts on this forums that days of "one for all" tactics are gone, because they were based on ME flaws.Even if something works for one , will not work for another one without tweaking.

I always used my own stuff, trying to fit it to team that i am playing with. You can keep it simple and still have success, mind you.

exactly. The word simple is the key i think. Something which a lot of people fail in their tactics. They tried to make it too complex

Archived