I dont understand this game..

ok ...i chose to manage bolton the first season.....we finished in 8th place the first season.

i had made specific tactics for different matches and situations...and they all worked great most of the time..we did beat all the big teams 4-0 against chealsea home ...2-1 arsenal away etc..everything was fine...and my tactics were great ..

the next season begins and and i use the same tactic variations that worked so great the season before..all of a sudden my men wont even score...they dont win for like 12 games...then they beat chelsea 2-1 ..the next match is arsenal and im in 15 th position and i lose it..then i got fired form the club...

i dont understand this game to be honest...why did i do well the first season?? i used same tactics second season and they were crap..first season they rocked!!

i used all the different variations i had so much success with the frst season...but no...i had to lose..computer had decided it...

i dont believe in tactics anymore..either they work or they dont ...

to be honest i dont know if i want to play anymore(not like you guys care) but if i do well i will know it is not the tactics..must be somehting else...since next season or so it might be horrible ...anyone can help me out?? or is this a lotto game?

It's all to do with morale, if you lose the first few in a season, be prepared for a rough ride. Also signing too many people and playing them all straight away is akin to football suicide too. I don't know if either happened to you but it's my guess :p

It's all to do with morale, if you lose the first few in a season, be prepared for a rough ride. Also signing too many people and playing them all straight away is akin to football suicide too. I don't know if either happened to you but it's my guess :p

i only signed 3 new players...and only 2 that went straight into team....

i had 5 different tactical variations..not only sliders but even player positions..

i think it is stupid that none of those 5 would work..i would pick 5 new ones...and then those wont work either...in the end i would have no tactic that works since i would have used them all up..

i won the 2 first matches of the year...so why they junk all of a sudden...

i think this version dont care about the players you have only where the tiny sliders are...it is really rubbish..inter milan wont change tactics 200 times a year..i think if i need to change tactics that much the game is very very unrealistic..

i was an overachiever the first season wth bolton...but apparently it was not my tactics...since they turned up c*ap the second season... i dont have any gaps in the team since i know how the sliders work etc etc.. i always end up being kicked after great success at first....reading 3rd season...bristol city 3 rd season....bolton 2nd season notts co 4 th season ..all of a sudden they play poorly and then the board kicks me....in the notts co case the kick was ridiculous even got them promoted then had the 2 seasons in league 1...then fired for no real reason... so why start a new game i know i will be fired anyway..because while looking for something new that will work they tend keep losing..

either a tactic works or it dont...i dont believe in this game ..yeah minor adjustments to a tactic is what even real teams do....but in FM09 this tactical thing is pretty stupid...no team changes tactics that often

"Obviously"? That's not even remotely obvious, and it has nothing to do with the AI "finding out" your tactics.

You did very well in the first season, you have a higher ranking now. Being an underdog in FM09 is easy, that's how the game works. You have the odds against you and are under no pressure to win. I totally recognize your results, as I easily beat Juventus 4-0, Milan 3-1 away, etc. as a newly promoted Serie A team. Then get soundly beaten by bottom feeders. It should be the other way around! In the second season you have more pressure to win, maybe players are complacent or over-confident? Tactics might not be perfected yet or taking advantage of the strengths of your squad. Maybe you brought in many new players who need time to settle. Many things to consider. Players don't make clumsy mistakes and give away posession like schoolboys because you put your slider to 12 instead of 14. There must be something else going on...

I'm pretty sure it's been in every game since at least CM3 that the AI can indeed crack your tactics after a while. It's the same thing IRL, if you always play the same thing teams will start to learn how to stop you from playing.

AI tactics cracking is a myth. It simply does not happen. What does happen is opponents adjusting their strategy in accordance with your club's stature, hence you might need to take a different approach when playing as Manchester United or Chelsea than as Stoke or Hull. Or when your club takes a leap/drop in reputation.

maestro74, how is your team failing? It's hard to just say "do this" with no insight into what's happening. Are you scoring too little? Leaking too many? Midfield getting run over? Strikers not getting quality supply? Or missing open chances? How are your players reacting to your team-talks? Try to pin-point the main issue from watching the matches and work from there. It could be that your tactic is weak in some area and you managed to overcome it last season with good morale, a hard-working player you're missing now, etc.

AI tactics cracking is a myth. It simply does not happen. What does happen is opponents adjusting their strategy in accordance with your club's stature, hence you might need to take a different approach when playing as Manchester United or Chelsea than as Stoke or Hull. Or when your club takes a leap/drop in reputation.

maestro74, how is your team failing? It's hard to just say "do this" with no insight into what's happening. Are you scoring too little? Leaking too many? Midfield getting run over? Strikers not getting quality supply? Or missing open chances? How are your players reacting to your team-talks? Try to pin-point the main issue from watching the matches and work from there. It could be that your tactic is weak in some area and you managed to overcome it last season with good morale, a hard-working player you're missing now, etc.

i lost one player to juventus...it was Elmander one of my strikers...i replaced him with sebastian frei and he was horrible...he scored 1 goal in the 15 matches or so before i got kicked...i had another strker as a substitute and he was even worse....missed one on ones wth the goalkeeper..some of his shots were closer to the cornerkick spot than goal itself..

yeah my team didnt score and leaked abit also i only had world class defenders but didnt help jack...the last 5 matches i didnt even talk to team ..since they deserved to die...

besides i think that they kicked me was idiotic....i had something like

W D L

4 6 8 I was still like 6 points over the relegation spot...seems they dont have alot of patience..first season success...second kicked!!

the computer ai who took over propably got them relegated.....

when i get kicked i just start a new game...wish there was an option where i could not get fired...since i hate starting over...i want to play with 1 team the whole time even if the get relegated to the conference...

ok ...i chose to manage bolton the first season.....we finished in 8th place the first season.

i had made specific tactics for different matches and situations...and they all worked great most of the time..we did beat all the big teams 4-0 against chealsea home ...2-1 arsenal away etc..everything was fine...and my tactics were great ..

the next season begins and and i use the same tactic variations that worked so great the season before..all of a sudden my men wont even score...they dont win for like 12 games...then they beat chelsea 2-1 ..the next match is arsenal and im in 15 th position and i lose it..then i got fired form the club...

i dont understand this game to be honest...why did i do well the first season?? i used same tactics second season and they were crap..first season they rocked!!

i used all the different variations i had so much success with the frst season...but no...i had to lose..computer had decided it...

i dont believe in tactics anymore..either they work or they dont ...

to be honest i dont know if i want to play anymore(not like you guys care) but if i do well i will know it is not the tactics..must be somehting else...since next season or so it might be horrible ...anyone can help me out?? or is this a lotto game?

Second season slump! Happened to many a team (Reading for an example)

Archived