Journalist Relationships - Dissapointment + Question about their value

Okay, so for the past two seasons I've been wondering whether the journalists I speak to will remain (name wise) as N/A and when I'll form relationships with them.

I was posting a possible bug (I wonder what my percentage of playing time versus reporting possible errors is...) and came across a thread about relationships with journalists not being formed. To my dissapointment I read that relationships and journalists names, do not appear in some leagues for legal reasons. They do not appear in the Prem for one (any others?).

Okay, so there is a community update that allows this to work on the sly, fine, I've a lot of community updates already so another will not be cause for concern... however I'm most dissapointed to read you have to start a new save for this relationship forming/naming to activate!

What really grinds is that I have to find this out by accident whilst looking through the bug forum. Have I had my head stuck in the sand (quite possibly) and missed some kind of blatant tooltip or official forum post or manual information explaining relationships cannot be formed in the Premiership? I would guess its all leagues in England?

It's times like this I despair of all the little FM ins-and-outs people are not made aware of. Where is my stress buster...

SI - If this has never been officially mentioned (is the forum the best place, really?) why do you think its okay to just causually say 'oh yeah, didnt we tell you? That bit doesnt work, you werent to know until you thought it was broken' :)

European fixture press conferences work correctly though - as far as I can tell.

So... what do you get out of this feature? Is it worth me starting over again with the community fix? I hate missing out on anything :)

It depends on which club. Some clubs have had fake newspapers and newsmen put in which you can still form relationships with. On my 9.1 save as Wigan I had a "Guy Wilson" from the "Wigan Football Informer" or something like that.

It only really works if you can be bothered to attend all the press conferences. Most people can't and just skip them all. I have been attending them all for about 4 seasons and have relationships with a lot of them, there is one muppett who always ****es me off!! I quite like the feature, could be a lot better in the future if SI stick with it.

Archived