Major Help needed - Activation

Hello All,

I installed Football Manager 2009 on my pc in my room, i entered the key and did everything, then just before i played it a message came up saying it cant support the graphics! So then i install it on my laptop, everything is fine, i launch game, i try to copy and paste my key in, i click next and it says Activation Key already in use! I guess this is because i used it on my original pc, what do i do? PLease help me, how do i get a new activation key! It says purchase a new one at www.sigagames.com but ive looked everywhere, please help!

Are you getting the "failed to set up graphics system" error message? Here's a fix:

ERROR: Cannot run game:Failed to set up graphics system

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

Not sure about your activation key problem though. Maybe you were trying to activate through Steam a second time? You can only activate once with Steam, so use UniLoc for the second activation.

Are you getting the "failed to set up graphics system" error message? Here's a fix:

Not sure about your activation key problem though. Maybe you were trying to activate through Steam a second time? You can only activate once with Steam, so use UniLoc for the second activation.

K thanks, im reinstalling FM and on this pc and i will try the graphic solution you gave me. But i dont know dude, i thought it would never work on this pc, so i moved to my laptop, i installed it, entered the activation key in steam, it loaded, it did the update, i clicked launch game, the key came up again in steam, i had the option to copy to clipboard or next, i copied to clipboard, i clicked next, i then pasted it in the box, and i clikced next, and it said unlock key is used, purchase a new one at sigames.com its been really annoying me man

So have you tried activating with Steam on both computers? You can't do that. You need to use UniLoc instead for the second one.

On my laptop ( the other pc ) I signed in my steam account... Cuz i already created one, i mean i don t understand this at all! And what is the probabilty the link you gave me working? For the graphics? And yeh it did say what you said " problem setting up graphics"

Not true unless you're still online on one when you try and log in on the other.

So why isnt this working? I signed in on my laptop using my steam account then when i click launch i try to enter my activation code but it says already in use.. what is wrong

Great mimland, thanks for your help.

I think what Matt is trying to say is this: make sure you are logged out of Steam/it is shut down on your PC before you try to activate on your laptop. Failing that use UniLoc instead, which definitely gives you five activations.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived