How do they pick the POTY?

Can't figure this one out. In the Scottish Second Division the computer picked a good, but not great player for Player of the Year. He played on the leading side and had 2G, 8A, 3MoM and 7.26 Rating, the highest on his club. He was also a loanee from an SPL club.

I feel that my second placed team had at least four players better. A striker that finished second in goals, joint first in assists, and was in the Team of the Week 15 times. An AMC that finished top five in goals and assists, lead the league in Rating. A DMC that was just dominant and second in Rating and an MR that finished 3rd in the POTY. He had good numbers, but would be my fourth choice among my players for POTY.

Second in the race was an MR from the 3rd placed team that was alright, but really a surprise on the list.

I think they take into consideration the reputation of the player. For example in-game world player of the year winners are most likely going to have world class reputations even though less reputable players might have a higher average rating than them.

Archived