i lost my key code - want to install on new laptop

Hi All

I have lost my booklet and cover, and have fm09 working fine from day one on my laptop. i got a new laptop today - does anyone know if there is anywhere else (i.e. on the cd or on my old laptop) where the activation key will be stored so i can get it up and running on my new far more powerful laptop

any help is greatly appreciated lads

cheers

Ah right. I brought the CD but activated via steam which stores your key. Ive just had a quick nose round my files but cant find my key stored anywhere unfortunately.

You may have to contact Sega CS with proof of purchase and see if they can help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ah ok, thanks for takin the time to have a look anyways!

just hoped it was somewhere but after looking around myself too I couldnt see it :(

i'm not the greatest computer whizz tho so hope some1 might be able to help!

Don't post anything specific here, but would proof of purchase would you be able to supply? Sega may be able to help you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

well i just have the original cd, and the fact that the game works fine on my old laptop (screenshots etc?!) I don't think i'd have the receipt at this stage - dumped it as i didnt have a problem with the game until now......

No it doesn't, but check the activation threads in the sticky at the top of the forum, and maybe email Sega - but bear in mind it is Christmas, so don't expect an instant response.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

ok thanks for ur time!

i've been thru pretty much all the activation issue threads today.....

will email sega and then give up :) catch a few films (old laptops too slow to really enjoy FM unfortunately!)

Happy Christmas lads

I suppose if anyone else trusted you enough too give you theres then that could be an option? But that might be going against the piracy rules!

-------------------------------------------------------------

excellent point Joe - might see if any mates have it cuz u can de-activate again if i get my old code in ten days cant ya

cheers!

Archived