Player Rating now is lower in FM09

I have noticed that FM09 player rating is considerably lower than in previous version. When winning a match 4-0, most of players got 7-8 rating, opposition got 5-6 rating. Only man of the match and goalscorers might got above 8. That is not the same in previous version. When dominating a match 60%, opposition limited to 0 shot, and having 15 shots, 6 clear chances, I could expect a rating of 8 and above for at least 8 of my starting 11.

Anyone noticed the same?

Decimals are now in play, remember. A 7.5 to 7.9 would have been rendered an 8 on previous versions.

Still they are at least slightly lower. I crush the opposition and I still see a bunch of 6.8s and 7.3s while in previous FMs it'd be a bunch of 8-9s.

I think there's certainly more individual emphasis in the ratings now, imo in earlier versions a good team performance was enough to pull up the rating of even the worst performers.

Yet, this focus on individual performances is very illogical and unrealistic. I play an uncommon 3-4-3 formation in which the two central MCs have two jobs, i.e. (1) to be a link between defense and attack and (2) to close down opponents all over the park to pressure the opposition into staying within their own half. I have now been on a 17 game unbeaten run and although my MCs have done exactly as I have asked they average less than 7. I'll say it again, if the rating system does not take team performances into account it is unrealistic.

Archived