Relative Mentality Sliders?

Merry Xmas everyone!

Just a thought...

It seems the game is designed to work best with tactics where players are mentally and tactically positioned in relation to their teammates (Rule of One/Two, etc).

Wouldn't it make sense for the game to have an option where you can set certain sliders to be tied to the team sliders? Like the training slider, when you affect the team slider, all the individual sliders that are "tied" to the global setting will move accordingly, but always staying relative to the others?

To be honest if the game engine is designed to be so specific about how you set up tactics, the tactical interface should give a little more guidance.

By default, without guidance I would have set DCs as defensive as posible, and attackers as attacking as possible. I would never have set DCs to mentality 8 or 9 in any previous version of FM.

The Mentality slider could have a "Global" tick-box placed next to it, to achieve that. So it can be used in either of two ways. Same for other sliders like Closing Down, Passing.

Any time you ticked the Global box, the bar would default to the middle, where you can then slide it left or right to your heart's delight.....I'm a poet and didn't know it.

There would be no requirement to tick it, it's just that some would prefer this option instead of preparing dozens of pre-set tactics.

Archived