Weirdest goalkeepers I've ever seen...

Yes I'll be honest, I've used this title to attract your attention.

BUT somebody mentioned earlier in another thread (so don't give me the credit for it) that he has never seen a GK throw the ball, instead of dropping it and kicking it, which is all they do in FM. Yet a lot of goalkeepers, like Gomes (yes I realize he's not having the best season of his career, but believe me I've seen him play for PSV for the last couple of years and he's world class when he's confident), are more accurate when they throw then when they kick and therefore absolutely prefer throwing the ball, rather then kicking it.

Any thoughts on that? Have you ever seen a GK throw the ball in the 3D Match Representation? At least I've never seen it, which is weird as it happens all the time in real life. Not that it matters much, but hey we all want FM to be as good as possible now don't we?

(Apparently there is already a thread about this, never mind ;) )

i was thinking about this last night, i've never seen a keeper throw the ball in the game so i was wondering if the stat is just purely cosmetic or if they don't have the animations to show it in the 3d match

Dunno about throwing it, but Robert Green ran out on his area beautifully to intercept an attack, controlled it, and promptly ran back to his area leaving the ball exactly where he left it!!! Fortunately the finish of the extremely appreciative striker was woefull. Worst ME ever!!!

I have not seen a quick throw either.....BUT.....I have seen plenty of the following:

(1) GK picking out a wide player in open space with a quick short pass, who (wide player) then proceeds to run up the field hugging the touchline. A quick counter attack has thus been started by GK.

(2) GK running to intercept long ball outside of area slightly towards the left or right and then dribbling (!!) towards the touchline quite far up (longest I have seen is pretty close to the half way line), then kicking the ball upfield towards a wide player.

Archived