Sudden activation issue

So, played a little last night on my save. Saved it, shut down fm and the computer. This morning when I try to start the game (both through steam and going to the .exe file) I get a pop up from SoftAnchor saying I have to activate again. No biggie I thought and entered my product key. Well, not that easy I'm afraid... Now it says my key is already active and I have to get a new one from sigames.com. Wtf? I know it's active since I played last night. It's the third computer I have installed it on so I shouldn't be out och "licences", right?

No changes has been made to the computer over night. No windows updates, no deleting the cache of fm and no new applications installed at all.

Any ideas to a solution?

Ok, for some reason it works when I start the game with the network cable unplugged.. Still really weird problem if you ask me.

I don't have any other solutions for you, but I find it extremely interesting that unplugging the network cable helped. We've been told that the DRM only contacts the activation servers during activation, and then doesn't "phone home" afterwards. If that's true then I can't see how being connected to the internet should in any way influence the DRM.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know the answer off the top of my head, but check out the relevant sticky at the top of this forum.

Ok, so the problem went away somehow. Get home from my vacation and play for a couple of hours last night. Decided to play a little more today and the problem is back... Followed all the "solutions" in the sibase but no luck.

First get the "error -1003", follows the instructions and nothing. This is actually making me consider not buying this game any more since it's annoying the hell out of me! Any solutions to this problem?

Archived