My reasons for never buying an SI or Sega game again

1st and foremost is this forum. been having problems with this game so came to this forum for help as it was the one from the main FM09 page. Either posts get deleted cause someone says that it has already been said (if it has it was deleted or lost in the MANY posts) or it's not relevant, but in my opinion it's because it's anti SI. Get abused by people who have obviously been on here a long time so think they have the right to be condescending I am not a child writing this but a 40+ man who has played this series for quite a while with never a problem or need to come on these forums because I could play the game then I am just angry at buying a game that I can't play without having to trawl through forums finding tactics, training schedules etc. I never had to do this with the previous games

Reading through this forum there are obviously quite a few people having problems with this game, probably like me they bought this game to play maybe 4 - 5 hrs a week and not spend their life on it. I don't mind that ir's difficult, what I do mind is that I have paid a lot of money for a game that doesn't do what it says on the tin.

What I don't understand most is why the problems aren't the same for everybody.

I know this post will get locked and deleted but hopefully some people will be able to read this and make life hard for SI.

I for 1 will be going to chiswick as I live nearby and having a word with the marketing dept at SEGA

1st and foremost is this forum. been having problems with this game so came to this forum for help as it was the one from the main FM09 page. Either posts get deleted cause someone says that it has already been said (if it has it was deleted or lost in the MANY posts) or it's not relevant, but in my opinion it's because it's anti SI. Get abused by people who have obviously been on here a long time so think they have the right to be condescending I am not a child writing this but a 40+ man who has played this series for quite a while with never a problem or need to come on these forums because I could play the game then I am just angry at buying a game that I can't play without having to trawl through forums finding tactics, training schedules etc. I never had to do this with the previous games

Reading through this forum there are obviously quite a few people having problems with this game, probably like me they bought this game to play maybe 4 - 5 hrs a week and not spend their life on it. I don't mind that ir's difficult, what I do mind is that I have paid a lot of money for a game that doesn't do what it says on the tin.

What I don't understand most is why the problems aren't the same for everybody.

I know this post will get locked and deleted but hopefully some people will be able to read this and make life hard for SI.

I for 1 will be going to chiswick as I live nearby and having a word with the marketing dept at SEGA

Ronseal. See i didn't realise that FM came in a tin, did you have a tin opener handy?

If you have a problem, do a search. Then post in a relevant thread. It's a very simple rule. Have you tried it?

You'll find plenty of threads complaining (much more constructively) about the game being too hard. It might be worth contributing to one of those.

i'm sorry i have to agree with the op its always the same excuse in my opionion the casual amer who has played since cm3 has been ignored i have played this game for years never had a problem i work 5 days a week its ok for some 15-16 year old to say its too easy as they have time what about the tweny to fifty somthings i dont have the time to play everyday or tweak tactics every five minutes

i'm sorry i have to agree with the op its always the same excuse in my opionion the casual amer who has played since cm3 has been ignored i have played this game for years never had a problem i work 5 days a week its ok for some 15-16 year old to say its too easy as they have time what about the tweny to fifty somthings i dont have the time to play everyday or tweak tactics every five minutes

People should do a search, it's probably easier then starting a new whinging thread.

Kubi and Mike you are typical of what I'm on about (10.000 = posts between you) . I am not stupid have trawled through the posts some helpful some not, but I also don't want to spend my life on here to find out how to get the game to work.I know it's pointless posting about the same problem as someone else I just try and follow the thread. Have downloaded the patches, tweaked tactics, training runs better for me in 9.02 than b4 but it still is not a game that I am enjoying playing because there are still problems with it and I AM NOT THE ONLY 1 SAYING THIS. What I don't understand is how come the problems are so many and varied and not everyone is having the same problems. What works for some doesn't work for others and vice versa

You do not talk about game related problems, like installing, bugs, you are talking about in-game problems, possibly not winning enough, having problems with tactics?

It's a simulation. You have to find your way into the game. There are various forums in which you can read various threads about tactics or other aspects of the game.

But the main "work" you have to do yourself. That's the difference between a simulation and other games.

Something in your original post doesn't add up. You say that threads are being deleted because they're anti-SI, yet you also say a quick read of the forum will show that there are a lot of people unhappy with the game. Surely its one or the other?

Kubi I thought it was my tactics but reading through the bugs that have been patched it can't be just my tactics. I'm not a complete newbie at this game, have played it for many years and as I said I don't mind the difficulty, that's why I buy the game, if I wanted easy I'd buy a shoot em up and set it to easy.

Also why is no one responding to my question of why people are having such various problems from crashing (which has never happened to me) right down to last minute freak goals. If you want to know what my problem is, search my posts like you ask me to search.

Something in your original post doesn't add up. You say that threads are being deleted because they're anti-SI, yet you also say a quick read of the forum will show that there are a lot of people unhappy with the game. Surely its one or the other?

Yes and most of the complaints that are anti SI that stay are within other posts, see yet another multi poster how many posts and still you can't read

Personally I've never had any issues with complaining about the game, even when starting my own thread (and believe me, after FM08 and now FM09, I've been complaining A LOT about the game).

Also, what does my post count have to do with anything? I didn't realise that I had to sign up with a new account for my opinion to be valid. Perhaps if you started being civil towards other posters on the forum instead of going on the offensive as soon as anybody dares to disagree or question your post, you'd have less problems with the forum itself.

You reported some issues the testers did try to re-create, but failed. But I really can't see one issue that would spoil the game for me. How long did you play the game with patch 9.2? This game needs some patience, really, as things do not work like "give me a new tactic that helps me to win the next 5 games".

I'm not typical of anything and resent being described as such. This thread is completely redundant as the complaints are covered by plenty of other threads. Starting a new one was unnecessary.

And by the way, I agree the game is a bit beyond the casual gamer. But people can't expect to manage average teams and have success right away.

I do, however, refute the idea that you need to go insanely in depth with your tactics and constantly tweak them. I make the occasional tweak before a match, but I mostly keep it simple and I'm doing pretty well.

And for the record, my post count is irrelevant. All I did was give my opinion. If you can't see past post counts, that's your problem.

Also, what does my post count have to do with anything? I didn't realise that I had to sign up with a new account for my opinion to be valid. Perhaps if you started being civil towards other posters on the forum instead of going on the offensive as soon as anybody dares to disagree or question your post, you'd have less problems with the forum itself.

The OP needs to read this.

No posts get deleted. They get locked if they have no specific purpose.

We'd like to fix any issues that are found to be legitimate. If you think you've found bugs, then please post them in the bug forum. If you have questions, ask them. I'm afraid there's no benefit in leaving posts open that only seem to be subjective - people just argue and then there's no benefit to anyone.

Kubi I've played 10 games on full match (W2 D2 L6) and still having the same problem. Someone else is having a similar problem and maybe others are too and don't realise which is why they are having no luck with their tactics. I don't have the time or the patience to play the game this way(full match). I have paid good money for this game and expect it to be a least playable. Okay I may not put it politely ( by the way thanks for searching :D) but 2 topics were closed just asking the question about why so many and varied problems and no one had the chance to reply.

I was a bit of an arse with some topics but I was absolutely fuming with a Mod called SKORP who would not give me an answer

I somewhat agree with him.....mainly because I just can't get into the game. I dled the TT&F, I read it,I used the TT&F base tactics and I somewhat tweak them, and yet every single time I play, something happens where I feel like throwing my laptop across the room. Sometimes its the fact that my team shows up and competes during all of the friendlies, some against higher league teams, some against lower league teams, bu then loses the first 3 games of the season against league competition (with Leicester, fully patched).

I concede goals where a striker moves out wide and crosses into the other one for a goal. This would be fine if my centerbacks on zonal marking didn't BOTH chase after the crossing striker, leaving the middle of the pitch wide open. I told them to tightly mark, but zonal (hopefully meaning to stay in their positions). Maybe this doesn't make sense.....but it was a tip I got while surfing these very forums. I would've just marked the strikers, with my centerback's marking at 16 and 15, but I conceded 4 goals in 20 min against Scunthorpe (again with Leicester).

I don't get it...... I've been trying to be patient, but nothing makes sense. Also, I didn't have any trouble with 07 or 08.....so it's really frustrating

Also.....he has a point with the forums. A lot of people with a huge number of posts are really impatient with people with much fewer posts. I can understand that too.

Also.....he has a point with the forums. A lot of people with a huge number of posts are really impatient with people with much fewer posts. I can understand that too.

It's not about post counts. It's about conduct. Personally, I'm impatient with anyone who can't post constructively and you don't need a high post count to be able to do that.

No posts get deleted. They get locked if they have no specific purpose.

We'd like to fix any issues that are found to be legitimate. If you think you've found bugs, then please post them in the bug forum. If you have questions, ask them. I'm afraid there's no benefit in leaving posts open that only seem to be subjective - people just argue and then there's no benefit to anyone.

If they are subjective they'll not get answered and will move further down the list.

As for my issue with you multi posters it's that you seem to be so high and mighty because you come on here often, with answers like it must be your tactics/computer/brain/age if you can't be constructive don't answer. my 1st posts were questions and answers like that make people angry

Ps Matt you at least try to be reasonable in all posts of yours I read, treading a fine line of keeping the customers and your company happy

Maybe SI should think about something like a "newcomer or newbie" forum? Only the helpful members would be there and the others would point the way to the newcomer forum or FM hell. :)

If they're objective they'll provoke a proper discussion.

Subjective posts don't as can be witnessed here.... you get a bunch of random criticism about post0-count etc which is irrelevant. The forums need fixing on that front to be honest.

Closing now before this becomes a flame-fest. OP - point noted, but it'd serve you better to try and identify specific issues and give us an opportunity to test for them and fix them. The game isn't unplayable or impossible, it's just different to what's gone before so your old ideas about what does and doesn't work tactically need to be thrown out. Good luck.

Archived