FM09 Premiership Final Position Prize Money

First of all, merry xmas to everyone. I've done a search on this and I cant find it anywhere so... Can someone give me a list of the prize money for the final position of each place in the English Premiership. For example:

1st - £20m

7th - £6m

etc... for all 1-20 places, thanks.

Also he doesn't have to be managing Leeds just because he's a Leeds fan. Although he should be! (Marching on Together :D)

I'm in the Premiership with Leeds anyway. Back where we belong.

As for the question I can't provide a full list but whilst someone is compiling one I can give you the prize money for 7th in 2013-2013... £14.5 mil.

Maybe other people could contribute and try and make a list :D

Merry Christmas :)

I'm not a Leeds fan, I'm a Wednesday fan :p. Anyway, I'm managing Wigan in the premiership at the minute. I was up to 3rd but now I'm 7th with 23 games played so not doing too badly. I was just wondering if there was a list to see what kind of prize money I was looking at... If I stay in 7th then £14.5m looks pretty handsome for the future of Wigan ;).

• 1 month later...

Just to bring this subject up to date, it's a question a wonder if anyone else can now answer. IRL the prize money for winning the English premier league 1st place is a massive £50 mil and has been so for two years now. Is this reflected in FM09?

Obviously it's a massive incentive to try to win the EPL if this 'real' feature has been added. If it hasn't, then reality bites for FM09!!

If this is the case is there any way of changing prize money/tv money on the editor to bring a 'new' game up to date?

well the 50mil bit for winners is what it all says, and scouring the net and it says the bottom team should get about 30mil. And before this the winning team used to get 30 million and bottom team 16 million.

oh and just found this Taken from Bloomberg.com:

"Teams will receive 35 million to 50 million pounds depending on how many live games they feature in and their final league position"

"The winner of the playoff final for promotion to England's Premiership will get 60 million pounds ($119 million), the largest financial reward in soccer and a 50 percent increase from last year, a report today showed.

Promotion from the second-tier Championship was worth 40 million pounds in broadcast and other revenue to Watford, which defeated Leeds in the 2006 final, according to Deloitte & Touche LLP"

Hope it helps :S :D

well the 50mil bit for winners is what it all says, and scouring the net and it says the bottom team should get about 30mil. And before this the winning team used to get 30 million and bottom team 16 million.

oh and just found this Taken from Bloomberg.com:

"Teams will receive 35 million to 50 million pounds depending on how many live games they feature in and their final league position"

"The winner of the playoff final for promotion to England's Premiership will get 60 million pounds ($119 million), the largest financial reward in soccer and a 50 percent increase from last year, a report today showed.

Promotion from the second-tier Championship was worth 40 million pounds in broadcast and other revenue to Watford, which defeated Leeds in the 2006 final, according to Deloitte & Touche LLP"

Hope it helps :S :D

And is this reflected in FM09?? I don't know, but I doubt it.

Those numbers seem to include the TV rights numbers.

I have just foind this from the following address: http://soccerlens.com/20072008-premier-league-tv-revenue/7415/

Television revenue for 2007-08 season

(2006-07 in brackets)

Manchester United £49.3m (£32m)

Chelsea £45.6m (£30.9m)

Arsenal £47m (£29m)

Liverpool £45.4m (£28.4m)

Everton £42.1m (£25.3m)

Aston Villa £42.3m (£22m)

Blackburn Rovers £40.2m (£22m)

Portsmouth £40.4m (£23m)

Manchester City £39.7m (£21m)

West Ham United £36.8m (£21.1m)

Tottenham Hotspur £36m (£27.3m)

Newcastle United £39.2m (£21.2m)

Middlesbrough £34.2m (£20.5m)

Wigan Athletic £33.4m (£18.4m)

Sunderland £33.6m (£6.5m*)

Bolton Wanderers £32m (£24.6m)

Fulham £31.3m (£20.4m)

Reading £30.6m (£23.6m)

Birmingham City £29.8m (£6.5m*)

Derby County £29.1m (n/a)

Total £815,175,812 (£502,533,570)

Does anyone know if these figures were also takin into account in FM08, because according to this is was introduce that year. It should definately be in FM09 or it's very outdated and unresearched.

Surely someone form SI can answer this question. If it hasn't been added to the game, I certainly would like to know why and if prize money received for winning cup competitions and league titles in other countries has also not be added to the ‘new’ game. Surely it wouldn’t be too difficult to patch and we should be able to update this in the editor anyway because obviously it can be subject to change.

It seems to me like these are 2 separate things: one is the "prize money" for final standings, and the other is the revenue received for televised matches over the course of the season. The prize money is paid out as a lump sum at the end of the season (a news item to the effect of 'Team ABC has received X amount of money for their final position in the league), and the tv money is paid out on a monthly basis (in the game, there is a news item that says something like 'Team ABC will receive X amount for the upcoming season' at the start of each season). But, like everyone else has said, I'm not sure whether real-life amounts are reflected in the game.

Prize money is at most 20m, the 50m thing is 30m TV revenue paid out in monthly installments and then the final position money. As said by a couple others, then there is additional money for each appearance on Sky, not sure if Setanta, BBC &/or ITV pay out money for individual matches they broadcast. The money usually changes with each new TV deal negotiated, in a couple more years it goes up again, although it does seem to have a small increase year on year.

Im really laughing at the fact that you can get relegated and still pocket 30 million!

If this really did happen on FM, its almost certain you will be promoted again, 30 million could buy you a brand new starting 11 for the championship.

In all fairness, real prize money would make the game too easy imo

Im really laughing at the fact that you can get relegated and still pocket 30 million!

If this really did happen on FM, its almost certain you will be promoted again, 30 million could buy you a brand new starting 11 for the championship.

In all fairness, real prize money would make the game too easy imo

Clubs have to subsides losses once they get relegated like wages etc!

its 0.5m per spot with 20 for the top prize i think

That.

Bob, that money isn't payed up front. It's over the course of the next season as TV money and such. Winning the Playoff final is worth £30m, but that's not prize money, otherwise teams would delibarately drop into the play offs!

yea, everyone who gets to the group stages get 20m i think buyt then you continue to get prize money as you progress so its 3.5m group stages, then another 1.5m or something last 16, 2.5m QF and 3.5m SF or something like that plus in the group stages you get money for winning and drawing

Just to add an answer to my own question, having won both the English premier league and European cup, I took a look in my finances and the income received from TV money and prized money gave me a whopping £70mil+.

Kudos to SI; this was way above my estimation and although I’ve only been given I miserly £27mil to spend the following season (I understand my club is in debt), I have managed to wheel and deal to improve my squad.

Gods knows what I would have to spend had I not been quite so successful.

• 1 year later...

How much of the 70 pounds did u get from winning the prem. I spent a ridicolous 269 million in my transfer window as united. I will be able to pay of about 200 mill of it through sales. But im hoping by winning the prem and maybe the champ league i will be able to clear the rest of it of by the end of the season. Does any one have advice on boosting finances. Im losing 30 million a monthmost in paying transfer fees. The other is through signing good regens or youth. And i have a transfer balance of 20 million in march.

Archived