Player tranfsers......wanted wage.

This is one of the things in a game that I find highly unrealistic.

Trying to sign a wonderkid goalkeeper off of Valladolid who have just been relegated, whilst I am Reading, and I've just been promoted.

Valladolid finally agreed to a £8.6m deal, and whilst he is on a tiny 11k a week at Valladolid, and no other interest in him, he expects me to cough up 56k a week. Like most teams, I cannot dream of being able to offer to this amount to any player, and he rejects the best I could muster, 33k a week. He is now happy to play in the 2nd tier of Spanish football on a 1/3 of the wages he could of been earning.

Why is this in the game??? Its completely unrealistic......

Did he sign a new contract on yours? He normally has a £7.25 release clause...

Maybe he knows that, as a 'wonderkid goalkeeper', he will have a lot of interest form big clubs. So he asked you for what he has been told he could get from Real Madrid, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

It's fine TBH. If I were a player I would want the same money from Reading that I would from a big club.

EDIT: Hope I didn't offend anyone by saying Reading aren't a big club, no offence meant:thup:

Did he sign a new contract on yours? He normally has a £7.25 release clause...

Maybe he knows that, as a 'wonderkid goalkeeper', he will have a lot of interest form big clubs. So he asked you for what he has been told he could get from Real Madrid, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

It's fine TBH. If I were a player I would want the same money from Reading that I would from a big club.

EDIT: Hope I didn't offend anyone by saying Reading aren't a big club, no offence meant:thup:

He has signed a new contract. He is a wonderkid, but seriously, there is NO interest what so ever from any other teams, yet alone Real Madrid. So what he has done is wasted his chance to become a world known player by staying in the 2nd tier of Spanish football, and he is isn't as well off from it either.........stupid logic.

You never know. Plenty of players from lower leagues have gone on to be big stars. Ashley Young played in the CCC for most of his career, and is now a big star on international stage.

He will have alerted clubs to his ability, and he will know that he could get more than £33k if another team came along.

The player is in the spoiler, right?

Sergio Asenjo

Yeah thats the player.

Its a shame I can't sign him.......he looks like a top quality player.

I know alot about Ashley Young, and I will assure you that he did not show the same potential (as this player) when he was playing for my team Watford in the CCC. He had the raw qualities, but this player looks to be far beyond that, and hes only 19!. We all thought £9m for Young was a steal, how wrong we were.......

Yeah thats the player.

Its a shame I can't sign him.......he looks like a top quality player.

I know alot about Ashley Young, and I will assure you that he did not show the same potential (as this player) when he was playing for my team Watford in the CCC. He had the raw qualities, but this player looks to be far beyond that, and hes only 19!. We all thought £9m for Young was a steal, how wrong we were.......

Really? I always rated him TBH. I also go to a lot of Watford matches, and can only remember good things about him. Especially that free kick against Newcastle in the Carling Cup.

Actually, that makes me remember a bad thing - the skied penalty later.

I don't know about you but I thought £9mil was too little, as he oozed quality IMO. Obviously this player looks better, because he is more experienced and playing with better players.

Anyway, lets not let this turn into a discussion about Ashley, keep it to _______

Archived