Suggesting - scout searching

When you have a whole load of players on your shortlist; what I like to do is collate a whole load of players I like and would like to scout, and add them to my shortlist. But I have to go through every single one to scout them instead of being able to select them all at once and then scout.

Would not be a good idea to save time to have an option to select all your players or some of them, for example by holding down shift and clicking on the players you want to scout, and then scouting those players. Now I understand that you have different scouts and you might want some players scouted by a certain scout, that's why I feel it would be beneficial to have an option to hold down shift and click on the players you want to be scouted by scout A, and then press shift and click again on the other players you want to be scouted by scout B etc.

I find it really irritable that when I have added around 50 or so players to my shortlist I have to then select every single one to scout them which takes forever. Even using the short cut options it is still annoying and time consuming. This the worst thing that annoys me about the game.

When you have a whole load of players on your shortlist; what I like to do is collate a whole load of players I like and would like to scout, and add them to my shortlist. But I have to go through every single one to scout them instead of being able to select them all at once and then scout.

Would not be a good idea to save time to have an option to select all your players or some of them, for example by holding down shift and clicking on the players you want to scout, and then scouting those players. Now I understand that you have different scouts and you might want some players scouted by a certain scout, that's why I feel it would be beneficial to have an option to hold down shift and click on the players you want to be scouted by scout A, and then press shift and click again on the other players you want to be scouted by scout B etc.

I find it really irritable that when I have added around 50 or so players to my shortlist I have to then select every single one to scout them which takes forever. Even using the short cut options it is still annoying and time consuming. This the worst thing that annoys me about the game.

That is possible? I am doing it all the time, not from the shortlist though but it shouldn't be any different?

What would be EVEN better is once you finally have them all in your short list, they are auto re-scouted at the end of the year, rather than just removed from the short list.

and even better than that, how about each time they are scouted they are re-added to the short list for a year, rather than being left on for the remaining part of the year that they were originally added for.

That is possible? I am doing it all the time, not from the shortlist though but it shouldn't be any different?

Yeah it is, just tried it. Jay, select a player by clicking on the black pear-shaped thingy to the left of a player's name. Then scroll down, and press shift and select another player. They'llall be highlighted and then you can right-click anywhere in the selection area and choose a scout for them.

If you've already done it this way and it does not work, then I don't know what's wrong.

I do. Its a tough design question, one of those "No way to make this work perfectly" things.

One of the players that he has selected is either

a.) Already being scouted by one of his scouts, or

b.) Outside of his team's scouting zone.

It puts the UI designer in a bind. Part of me wishes that the "Scout Players" option was available, and would simply scout the players who are eligible.

However, if I strongly *cared* about that outcome - e.g., I had two players and really wanted to scout both, and it only worked for one, I'd be very upset if that's how it worked.

Instead SI left the current situation, where the option is not available and no explanation is given. That's annoying when you have 20-30 players selected and can't tell which of them is causing the problem.

I can see three possible compromise solutions:

1. Scout the players who can be scouted. If a player is already being scouted by one scout, let him be scouted by a second scout concurrently. (I do actually want that, in some cases.) Then,

. . a. Notify me via message in my Inbox that players X, Y, and Z were not scoutable, and why, or

. . b. Pop up a dialog indicating which players were not scoutable, but indicate that they have been placed on your shortlist.

2. Indicate players who cannot be scouted in some way prior to the attempt - perhaps with an "X", font difference, or selection-colour difference.

Yeah it is, just tried it. Jay, select a player by clicking on the black pear-shaped thingy to the left of a player's name. Then scroll down, and press shift and select another player. They'llall be highlighted and then you can right-click anywhere in the selection area and choose a scout for them.

If you've already done it this way and it does not work, then I don't know what's wrong.

Ill try that on my mac see if it works, thanks.

Archived