Friendlies are allways rejected...why is this?

Im currently managing welling who are currently in the blue square premier league in england.

To make some money i have tryed to set up some friendlies with some of the teams in the the barclays premier league.

The only thing is that they are allways being rejected.

I have also tryed to schedule a friendly against a coca-cola league 2 side but they are allways being rejected.

Whats the problem with this and is there anyway around it. ??

BTW i am playing FM 08.

For what reason they get rejected? Are the other teams involved in other matche prior to or after you selected date (normally, at least 3/4 days between matches)?

Are you planning for the current season or for the next season?

Are you plannin during European matches which are not fixed yet, but scheduled?

ermm....

Well it allowed me to arrange it but the they just rejected it.

But still the other teams can have matches withing 1/2 days before or after, then you can arrange, but they will reject. What are the dates you are planning, maybe all the teams are still on "summer holiday".

Not sure TBH, I can have a stab at it.

On the date you arranged it; for when there were say a few games for the team that cancelled the freindly with you? Or were their many injuries or they were playing a cup game or a rival team? Could be that reason.

Though it would be nice to know why, in reverse you can cancel a friendly. But don't need to give reason. Its why I cancel as my players are too knackered to play.

You wouldn't really expect a Preimer league to structure their pre-season shedecule around Welling's though, would you? I don't know if this works in all versions but I seem to recall in some that you can arrange a friendly quite easily aganist big team's reserve sides and get the same amount of money from gate you would with the first team.

I really think there should just be a list of teams who would be interested in friendlies on a specific date that you choose. It wouldn't exactly be realistic, but at the moment, its so incredibly tedious asking a team for a friendly and being rejected, so you invite another team to be rejected ad nauseum.

Offering some of the gates help, but really, getting a Prem (or even a foreign top-flight) side to agree to a BSanything friendly outside of a parent-feeder relationship is near-impossible. Reserve teams don't generate as much cash, but they are more likely to agree.

And it is possible to arange friendlies before June, but one must wait until all matches in the nation have been played. There's a pull-down bar above the dates, or a flick-arrow, or something up there that lets you move to the next season, and once all the matches have been played, the dates become available. I start setting up my friendly schedule the day my players go on holiday...

Usually Premier League teams won't accept friendlies with small clubs as they have no reason to. Try to arrange friendlies with clubs in your division or lower.

What he and everyone else has said. After all, is it realistic for a Premier League team to travel to a Blue Square team's home ground for a friendly?

However, you might be able to get a Championship side to agree. I've had that happen a few times, and I always let my assistant arrange friendlies. You can get a decent crowd for a Championship side, so look there if you're desperate for money.

Im currently managing welling who are currently in the blue square premier league in england.

To make some money i have tryed to set up some friendlies with some of the teams in the the barclays premier league.

The only thing is that they are allways being rejected.

I have also tryed to schedule a friendly against a coca-cola league 2 side but they are allways being rejected.

Whats the problem with this and is there anyway around it. ??

BTW i am playing FM 08.

would teams in league 2 above accept friendlies with blue square teams in real life?

The one constant friendly I always have is against my rivals...especially those not in my league. Even two, three levels above me, I rarely have a problem getting a match with them. I try to scale up the level of competition, starting with "grey" teams, moving up to levels below, then on-par, then above me. But the last friendly of the pre-season is always someone I except to beat handily. So to make sure my squad is going into the season with the best-possible morale.

• 1 month later...
I really think there should just be a list of teams who would be interested in friendlies on a specific date that you choose. It wouldn't exactly be realistic, but at the moment, its so incredibly tedious asking a team for a friendly and being rejected, so you invite another team to be rejected ad nauseum.

EXACTLY!!

It's so tedious.

Even if your a really big club (eg. AC milan, barca) they STILL get bleeding rejected!!!

• 9 months later...

In what version? FM08, 09 or 10 ?

Friendlies were quite difficult to arrange in 08 and 09 unless you scheduled them early before the game created the fixtures. Premiership teams were often not interested in friendlies with smaller teams.

It's much improved for FM10 though. You now have a list of available clubs, with the match fee that is required.

In what version? FM08, 09 or 10 ?

Friendlies were quite difficult to arrange in 08 and 09 unless you scheduled them early before the game created the fixtures. Premiership teams were often not interested in friendlies with smaller teams.

It's much improved for FM10 though. You now have a list of available clubs, with the match fee that is required.

FM09/WWSM09 playing as Barcelona. Even when I try to schedule the games in advance, I can't. Even when MLS and La Liga teams have over 14 days of no matches, I can't get them to play each other.

I'm trying to recreate the Barcelona summer tour of 08/09 that they did in the USA.

FM10 is much better in this regard, IMO. With the side-menu-popup they've instituted during friendly creation, and the fact tat the fee-payment is more automated, teams are almost gaurenteed to accept if you stick to the suggestions. If you want to go outside them, you still face the same restrictions.

MLS has always had a tought time getting schedules picked in FM, and until SI institutes a seperate friendly acceptance logic for the MLS, it's not going to change. Teams in general in this game will almost never accept a friendly during their regular season...

Archived