[POLL] Has 9.2 fixed the goalkeeper assist?

Goalkeeper assists still an issue?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Goalkeeper assists still an issue?

• Yup. Annoying as ever.
    • No. Its still there but not excessively frequent.

I'm seeing the same old same old crap.

Goalkeepers dont seem to ever do anything but long kicks .. which always go straight to the AI and result in an instant attack on goal.

Goalkeepers, when coming out to pick up a loose ball will always hoof it up the pitch and the ST will generally get on the end of it and score.

Same as previous version, just slightly less often.

Goalkeepers distribution + long range assists are truly mind numbingly irritating.

Yeah, I'm really fed up with the way players welly the ball into each other and also with the weird backheel bouncy thing. It also seems as if players turn their backs on a ball coming towards them and just let it hit them on the back.

I'm seeing the same old same old crap.

Goalkeepers dont seem to ever do anything but long kicks .. which always go straight to the AI and result in an instant attack on goal.

Goalkeepers, when coming out to pick up a loose ball will always hoof it up the pitch and the ST will generally get on the end of it and score.

Same as previous version, just slightly less often.

Goalkeepers distribution + long range assists are truly mind numbingly irritating.

is this just against you? i've only noticed chances occur out of this TWICE in 20~ matches, which seems fair to me in serie a football.

No. The goalkeeper assist is still present, it just tends to come now from backpasses or interceptions made by the keeper and his subsequent punt upfield. It seems to happen more often when the AI is attacking.

Most people don't seem to be suffering it so bad, so maybe it is just me being unlucky.

I don't have top class players though so there is more space, no man marking etc. Maybe its an issue more at lower levels, but hey it is in real life ..

The lack of any working goalkeeper throws or defender collect code presently is a major annoyance however.

Dunno about throwing it, but Robert Green ran out on his area beautifully to intercept an attack, controlled it, and promptly ran back to his area leaving the ball exactly where he left it!!! Fortunately the finish of the extremely appreciative striker was woefull. Worst ME ever!!!

It's been addressed but unfortunately, the reason why it was an issue in the first place - defender movement - hasn't been fixed. Hence a ridiculous amount of long balls from defenders still put strikers through, because defenders still run towards the ball first and then turn and chase.

It's been addressed but unfortunately, the reason why it was an issue in the first place - defender movement - hasn't been fixed. Hence a ridiculous amount of long balls from defenders still put strikers through, because defenders still run towards the ball first and then turn and chase.

Second that. Its like they are trying to intercept it (on the ground) but not recognize that the ball is 10 feet up in the air

Archived