3D Match View?

I'm sorry if there has been many threads on this before but I feel I have to say something about this. I installed the game yesterday, as well as the patch, and played a friendly game to see if this 3D match view was as good as I was expecting. After one friendly game I turned the game off. I'd seen enough of that. Not only did I feel like I was playing a really old sega mega drive game (remember football italia 90 anyone?) but the players kept freezing. Seriously SI what was the point in bringing this out? I have a feeling that you have just thought 'we'll throw in some shitty graphics 3d match view and I bet loads of people will buy it'. I have a feeling this was out of desperation since the game seems to have gone down hill over the last few years.

Some of you will say just play the 2D match, and I will be anyway, but it is going to seem pretty crap now I have seen that 3D match view is available. I assume the reason the game size is so much larger than usual is because of this 3D match view. So who's stupid idea was this 3D match view then SI? The only time you should ever have this 3D view is when the graphics are at least as good as FIFA or PES. Otherwise it will never work.

FIFA and PES are hardly fair comparisons to make, they're completely different types of games, they just happen to share the same subject material.

I personally like the 3D view, and considering that this is the first attempt by SI to use it on a released game it could've been a whole lot worse.

Are you for real? The game is called football MANAGER for a reason, the main aim of the game is to control your club in a manner you see fit. Any graphics involved are a peripheral side to the main point. If you want pretty graphics then play a game which involves you controlling the players movement yourself. Apart from one or two issues i am happy with the new style of match depiction!

FIFA and PES' match engines do not require all the complicated calculations SI's does. Hence why you can watch a full 90 minutes of FM in 3D but not play an actual 90 minutes in either of the first two.

The grapics though just make me feel as though I'm watching a really old mega drive game. Takes the fun out of it. What's the point in doing all these great tactics when it looks so poor. At least with the 2d you just kinda visualise it, but ironically that's quite hard with the 3D.

The grapics though just make me feel as though I'm watching a really old mega drive game. Takes the fun out of it. What's the point in doing all these great tactics when it looks so poor. At least with the 2d you just kinda visualise it, but ironically that's quite hard with the 3D.

People said the same thing when they switched from radio to TV.

Frankly, i think the 3D is great, i just brush over some of the glaring errors and think of it as the first step forward for the game - next year, if its still the same, then complain.

Yet the Mega Drive was still fun. As FM has been for all the previous years when there hasn't been any real graphical changes at all. Graphics don't make the game, they just portray aspects of it. Of course, you could always get rid of both views and stick with just commentary, old-school style?

Archived