This game is far too predictable.

So, I'm Utd, against Liverpool at OT. I'm all over them, I score to go 1-0 up - Ronaldo. All is well and good right? I'm creating chance after chance after chance, and they can't even muster up one shot on target.

Second half begins, Agger gets sent off. I then declared out loud that I would continue to be all over them, creating more and more chances, but not scoring, and then in the very last seconds one of my defenders will stand there with the ball, let them tackle him, and he will go on to score, to deny me the win.

So, 4 minutes of injury time (by this time I should be 5-0 up). The very last minute, I have a goal kick. VDS passes it to Ferdinand (Why, I have no idea - he's set to pass it to Evra) Rio stands there, doing nothing, Gerrard comes up disposses him, runs at VDS, takes it round him, and scores. Surprise surprise.

It has happened plenty of times before hand aswell. Ridiculous.

I'm hardly Mystic Meg either.

am i the only one who stuff like this doesnt happen to? everyone seems to complain about it but everything seems normal to me. i know this isnt exactly a helpful post but it just seems strange that people have this problem. must be tactics. oops. shouldnt say that

am i the only one who stuff like this doesnt happen to? everyone seems to complain about it but everything seems normal to me. i know this isnt exactly a helpful post but it just seems strange that people have this problem. must be tactics. oops. shouldnt say that

It definately isn't tactics. It's happened a few times to me this season, I dominate games, and then in the last few minutes a defender or my gk makes a horrible mistake, and they score and earn a draw.

It doesn't happen to me either.

So, I'm Utd, against Liverpool at OT. I'm all over them, I score to go 1-0 up - Ronaldo. All is well and good right? I'm creating chance after chance after chance, and they can't even muster up one shot on target.

Second half begins, Agger gets sent off. I then declared out loud that I would continue to be all over them, creating more and more chances, but not scoring, and then in the very last seconds one of my defenders will stand there with the ball, let them tackle him, and he will go on to score, to deny me the win.

So, 4 minutes of injury time (by this time I should be 5-0 up). The very last minute, I have a goal kick. VDS passes it to Ferdinand (Why, I have no idea - he's set to pass it to Evra) Rio stands there, doing nothing, Gerrard comes up disposses him, runs at VDS, takes it round him, and scores. Surprise surprise.

It has happened plenty of times before hand aswell. Ridiculous.

I'm hardly Mystic Meg either.

Is there any reason you "should be 5-0 up"....If you have not scored 5 goals??

But anyways, it's happened once or twice to me, but nothing that made a huge difference to the game.

Same here.

It just feels like the results of matches are determined before kick off. There are way to many spectacular comebacks and instances of the ai pressing it's "I win" button; 30 yard screamers by players with 6 long shot skill, my defenders/gk being struck dumb, their strikers scoring every chance whilst mine conspire to hit the woodwork from like 6 yards out...it's ridiculous. Sick of having like 5+ clear cut chances and not scoring...worst example:

strangematchzi7sd0.jpg

w1122.png

what i will say is. presumably liverpool went 4-2-4. and you still have your keeper distributing to full back? why? you should have put him to kick it long. ferdiand mustve been under pressure and he hasnt got the creativity, etc to deal with the pressure, leading to mistakes. so it could (not saying defo) be your tactics.

and about the red card thing-did you watch the arsenal liverpool game on sunday. who played better after arsenal went a man down. certainly wasnt liverpool. you should try and adapt when a team goes a man down. play a more simple passing game. get them chasing. in short knacker them out!

Your not on your own, This sort of stuff doesn't happen to me at all.

what i will say is. presumably liverpool went 4-2-4. and you still have your keeper distributing to full back? why? you should have put him to kick it long. ferdiand mustve been under pressure and he hasnt got the creativity, etc to deal with the pressure, leading to mistakes. so it could (not saying defo) be your tactics.

and about the red card thing-did you watch the arsenal liverpool game on sunday. who played better after arsenal went a man down. certainly wasnt liverpool. you should try and adapt when a team goes a man down. play a more simple passing game. get them chasing. in short knacker them out!

Liverpool went 441.

I always have them distribute to Evra, because of my small forwards.

Ferdinand was under no pressure, he had plenty of time to make a pass.

As soon as they went a man down, I changed my tactics and finished the match with over 60% of the possession.

I did everything right.

Liverpool went 441.

I always have them distribute to Evra, because of my small forwards.

Ferdinand was under no pressure, he had plenty of time to make a pass.

As soon as they went a man down, I changed my tactics and finished the match with over 60% of the possession.

I did everything right.

ok, sorry. its just when teams are losing they always go 4-2-4 with me. and its a nightmare to deal with. i guess you've just been unlucky. was ferinand just daudling on the ball?

I know it's not about Pro Evo but when I played Master League in the first season, I went 15 games unbeaten then didn't win in 10. And FM-like things were happening such as my defenders not running towards the ball, their defenders turning into Cannavaro and their forwards into Pele.

I've experienced this problem many times with both games and it annoys the heck out of me.

Nope I'm the same - don't see a fraction of the issues people on here complain about.

I know it's not about Pro Evo but when I played Master League in the first season, I went 15 games unbeaten then didn't win in 10. And FM-like things were happening such as my defenders not running towards the ball, their defenders turning into Cannavaro and their forwards into Pele.

I've experienced this problem many times with both games and it annoys the heck out of me.

thats cos pro evo is crap. there i said it! someone needs to tell konami that players just dont stand and watch when a team mate has the ball. they also need to tell the biased one who is in charge of player ability that adriano is S**T!

Same here, I never have the problems people moan about. Never even had the injury bug. I am still convinced that people complained about injuries because they did not setup their pre-season training properly, which makes a huge difference.

Besides; I never lose in the last minute. I either win the game with big numbers or lose the game with big numbers, with nothing in between.

You will be told its your tactics.

Howeveer I agree with you. The AI cheats, unless of course you think having your defender stand statue still and letting the opposition dispossess him is realistic. I also find in those big games where the big team is struggling against you, and creating little, they are more likely to get a penalty or have you reduced to ten men. It's the AI's way of countering your tactics when the AI manager is not up to the job.

this is not ferdinand making a mistake

this is just a problem with the match engine

can you imagine in real life if ferdinand just stood still waiting for someone to tackle him you wouldnt call it a mistake

you would just be bewildered and confused

stuff like what you described doesnt happen in real life

change tactics a bit during game....

profit.

If changing your tatics during the game really does stop players making elementary mistakes its not very true to life is it? Of course things like this do happen occasionally in real life so its just a question of frequency. On the other point, would changing tatics actually increase your liklihood to convert your chances in real life? Perhaps it would allow you to create more chances, but the fact that you are creating chances indicates you're tatics are working. I don't see how tatics come into a question that concerned converting chances, an induvidual error and the predictability of the game.

I don't think the results of games are pre-ordained, however, like (I think) they were in some other, older managment games, for the simple reason in all versions of CM/FM I've had I've had games crash and replayed matches indentically and got different results. Plus, I don't really see why SI would decide that the AI should be able to 'cheat,' just to **** everyone off.

seriously?!

When you click 'Go To Match', the engine calculates the match events. Every pass, every tackle, every shot. What you see is a replay of that simulation. If you make a tactical change, be it substitution or adjust a single slider, then the game is recalculated from that point. So while the game does know a result before you see the match, it isn't set in stone. You can still effect that result through your actions as manager. It's not as simple as 'Game Decides: 2-1' and then does everything to ensure it reaches that result. It calculates the events and the score is the result of those events.

Archived