Club reputation

I've been managing Inverness CT in the Scottish prem for 9 seasons now. Over this time I've broke into the celtic/rangers grasp of the division claiming top four finishes for 8 of those 9 seasons, coming in the top 3 for the last 6 seasons and winning it 3 times. I've also won the league cup 4 times and fa cup 3 times, coming runners up in both numerous times.

I've been competing in europe for most of the seasons i've managed inverness. 4 times in eufa cup and 3 times in champions league. I also won the eufa cup last season and the european super cup this season. I've got up to rank 19th in the european rankings.

Year in year out i am competing for silverware but one thing is always in my way. I cant buy anygood players. I believe its because my clubs reputation isnt high enough because i cant think of anything else that may effect it. I always buy young players with great potential and create them into great players and then they demand a move saying the club isnt big enough and one season 7 of my first team said they wanted to move away because they cant win silverware at this club and i won 4 cups that season.

What i would like to know is can i increase the clubs reputation because its becoming really hard to create a team good enough to compete for the champions league unless i buy some of the better players in the footballing world. Its not like ive just won some silverware and demand the best players now. ive gave it time and tried to build up the reputation but it stayed at national from the start of the game. Ive been in the quarter finals of the champions league twice and won the eufa cup so how cant people outside of scotland know inverness.

thanks

I think its not your club rep thats the issue - its the leagues reputation, and there is bugger all you can do about that

Can't Rangers and Celtic sign better players though? Not tried them myself, so I don't know, but I would suspect that they don't have the problems that J-ledge is having.

Probably a combination of both really, but surely after the success he's had, he should be on a par with those two?

They would have a higher reputation than the other clubs to start with, capped at the leagues maximum reputation, but id assume if hes done what hes done, his club now has that same reputation, which will still be capped by the crap league in which they play.

Both Rangers and Celtic have greater reputation than me. Its not just a problem of buying players better players from outside of scotland that is the problem buying players from Celtic and Rangers is a problem aswel. If Celtic has a player that is good he wouldnt blink an eye at inverness for some reason when Celtic hasnt won the league since 2009 and they have been playing in the eufa cup and ive been in the champions league. Celtic have won 2 things in 9 seasons and ive won about 10. Sometimes also players say they want to move to a bigger team and go to hearts or falkirk which were only bigger clubs at the begining of the game thats why i dont think my reputation has increased.

Also im not scottish, i just thought inverness would be a nice challenge so any jokes wouldnt really bother me.

thanks

About the capping on the league wouldnt that change as the nations progress in the european rankings. scotland is ranked seventh in the rankings and is gettin 2 champions league places and 4 eufa cup places each season. are u sayin if i was to try and help improve them up the ranks it could help increase the cap on the leagues reputation or not ???

Archived