now thats what you call a fm transfer

To be honest, playing for Real Madrid would be no better than playing for Liverpool. He would hardly get any playing time, and would be in a foreign country. If he lets his contract run out at Liverpool, he would be able to get £40,000 playing for Stoke or Wigan. Fair play to the lad.

This is the Football Manager forum, but I'm still gonna say: Marid's transfer targets are very odd. The like of Pennant and whasisname...Johnson?...are very good, but it seems Real Madrid have lowered their standards. They still carry a big name and could still lure the level of Figo, Zidane, Brazilian Ronaldo etc.

Instead they seem to be concentrating on OK English players and putting all their concentration on Ronaldo and insulting Man Utd/Alex Ferguson, thus they're falling further down the league.

they want a cheap stop-gap because they have NO right wingers at the moment, apart from perhaps robben but they'd much rather use him on the left. and having already committed £38m on huntelaar and diarra, they're keen on a cheaper alternative hence gone off lennon / krasic / young (all above £15m)

they want a cheap stop-gap because they have NO right wingers at the moment, apart from perhaps robben but they'd much rather use him on the left. and having already committed £38m on huntelaar and diarra, they're keen on a cheaper alternative hence gone off lennon / krasic / young (all above £15m)

IF you were lennon would you want to go and play for ramon again?

This is the Football Manager forum, but I'm still gonna say: Marid's transfer targets are very odd. The like of Pennant and whasisname...Johnson?...are very good, but it seems Real Madrid have lowered their standards. They still carry a big name and could still lure the level of Figo, Zidane, Brazilian Ronaldo etc.

Instead they seem to be concentrating on OK English players and putting all their concentration on Ronaldo and insulting Man Utd/Alex Ferguson, thus they're falling further down the league.

Yeah and they spend €27 million on Huntelaar. As a fellow Dutchman, although I support Ajax' rivals, I have a lot of respect for his goalscoring qualities, but I do think that Real can get a much better player for €27 million.

Yeah and they spend €27 million on Huntelaar. As a fellow Dutchman, although I support Ajax' rivals, I have a lot of respect for his goalscoring qualities, but I do think that Real can get a much better player for €27 million.

I bought him for £32,000,000 (FM 07) and he was a big flop, I sold him to Sevilla for about £12,000,000 finally. He's scored something like 7 in 9 there. >_>

Never know, he might be great. But still seems a lot.

Archived