A possible fix for long shots?

I've noticed a lot of people been really frustrated with long shots, and i've had my fair few but they don't really annoy me that much, but even still, I thought of a realistic soloution to the problem.... (I think).

When you goto opposition instructions there should be a different option for the keeper, for example, if the keeper is less agile and has less areial ability then you could have the option for taking longer more powerfull shots.

If the keeper is bad at one on ones, then an option to round the keeper or take closer range shots, or if your like Gomes can't handle set peices go for more headers.

I'm sure this is a more realistic way of doing things even if it doesn't solve the problem it is something that i think would be a nice addition if they could implement it into a future version of FM.

I know it's rather breif, and thats probably why I don't make computer games. ;)

Well, in many ways, you can do this - opposition's keeper is weak against long shots? Move your players long shot sliders up. Opposition keeper is weak at dealing with crosses? Play the ball down the flanks and tell your wingers and fullback to cross often, also, put corners into the 6 yard box andset someone on challenge keeper

Yeah it's halfway there, this could make the instructions to players more clear about how you want them to play don't you think?

I don't quite see what you mean. What could be more clear than telling your players to make long shots often? What could be clearer than telling them to get the ball down the flanks and put crosses in?

I don't quite see what you mean. What could be more clear than telling your players to make long shots often? What could be clearer than telling them to get the ball down the flanks and put crosses in?

Because it's player specific, if your playing teams with a certain style it can backfire changing your tactics, this way you stay within the "mould"

Archived