Worrying Regen Notes pt2 : Feet

in a continuation of my last thread where i discovered non-playable league regens were basically 'cheat' players for AI because they were born into the game at ages 18-21 and at the top end of the scale they were world class players, often bought for FREE and automatically assume first team places. (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=84121)

in the same game, i observed that in my first crop of regens not a single one was remotely close to being both-footed. none of the big names i'd come across were either. that was just a suspicion at that point. i've received my second batch of regens at the beginning of the third season.

OFF TOPIC BUT STILL SLIGHTLY INTERESTING:

------------------------------------------

i've for, the second season running, received a player that is supposedly 'best of his generation'; a right winger with 6 star PA and supposedly could be better than christian maggio / leading serie a star - born with 18?! Acc / 16 pac / 16 agil. pretty obscene physical stats for a 16 year old, surely?

anyway, i've been given a future star. that's fine. but last season, i was also given a right winger,5 star pa, could be 'as good as maggio' / leading bla bla. he too was a 'best in his generation. now, two in 2 years seems to be a bit on the higher side of things. why? because when napoli only upgraded their youth facilities to 'good' during the end of the 1st season, they're upgrading it again at my insistence during this summer now though haven't completed it yet. is this a bit too regular? or am i just INCREDIBLY lucky?

------------------------------------------

anyway, yes new batch of regens. again, nearly all were ONLY single footed, two had a 'reasonable' weaker foot. this is extremely worrying and since this had been for two years in a row i decided to investigate with fm genie scout 2009.

stats:

in my game db there are 36250 players.

of those, 8437 are regens.

of the 8437, 0 have 20 for both feet.

0 also have 19 for both feet.

1 has 18 for both feet.

7 have 17 for both.

35 have 16/16

152 have 15/15.

comparing to to the 'non-regen' world:

4 of the 27813 non-regen players have 20/20

30 have 19/19

78 have 18/18

197 have 17/17

412 have 16/16

908 have 15/15

now, of course you would expect to have more in the latter than the first since there's of course 3 times as many non-regens to regens, but the ratios do not match in the slightest. i am of course only in august 2010, but still the regen creation model shouldn't start already so 'off', surely? or do their feet ratings improve along with match experience as well? which wouldn't really make sense, of course

question - do players weaker feet ever improve? if so, how can we improve them? i read somewhere here once someone managed to lose their giuseppe rossi's either feet rating by training him on ball control too much which seemed pretty ******** to me.

Interesting findings, i was intrigued by your last thread too. I'm bored at work and so have taken the difference between the number of players out of the equation. There were 3.3 times as many normal players as regens (i rounded this down to 3 and made these ratios)

Regens on the left / starting players to the right

20 for each foot = 0:4

19 for each foot = 0:30

18 for each foot = 3:78 (approx 1:26)

17 for each foot = 21:97 (approx 1:9)

16 for each foot = 105:412 (approx 1:4)

15 for each foot = 456:908 (approx 1:2)

This tells us that if you get the same number of regens come through as ready loaded players exist in the game then half as many regens as start players will be 15 for each foot etc. I hasten to add this is only relevant for the OP's save.

Don't know if this helps but i was feeling mathmatical.

DB

0,014 % of all players 20/20

0,11 % 19/20

0,28 % 18/20

0,71 % 17/20

1,48 % 16/20

3,26 % 15/20

Regens

0,00 % 20/20

0,00 % 19/20

0,01 % 18/20

0,08 % 17/20

0,41 % 16/20

1,80 % 15/20

Yes there does seem to be a problem. SI have recognized that but as there were more important things to do and as you need to run long soak tests to balance things out in the long run they've put that one into the backlog of things to do.

For me, the main issue is that top class players come through that have problems to use their weaker foot to run straight. I think they'd need to give high PA regens a higher chance of a strong weaker foot...

Archived