PLaying without Steam

Jat1

Hi folks

I have FM09 installed via Steam which I have been playing at home.

I am at my relatives house and they do not have an internet conenction and everytime I try opening steam it says you need to be online or something?

Can I retrieve my saved game or do I always need to be online?

Many thanks!

Paul

Thanks for the reply 4457.

I'm a tad slow with computers, When I go to "all programs" and then go onto steam it gives me- football manager 2009, steam, and steam support centre. If I right click football manager do I just create a short cut?

I also tried programe files on my computer, then steam but it doesn't give me the steamapps option?

Thanks for taking your time out mate.

In there somewhere you should find a program called FM09.exe. On this icon, right click and select create shortcut. Then a new icon will appear in that particular folder named: shortcut of FM09.exe. Then right click on this and select cut, then go to your desktop and press CRTL + V. this will copy the newly created shortcut to your desktop.

The saved games are only stored on the computer you create them on, they are not stored on steam's server.

So as per any other version of FM, you need to copy the saved game files from my documents > sports interactives > games onto a USB Stick (or some other storage) and then copy that onto your other computer.

You can use steam offline mode, or simply go into C:\program files\steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2009\fm.exe and run that ... you don't even need to open steam to run FM really.

Archived