fm10 idea

What good would it do though? Perhaps give an option to give subs team talks when you go into the tactics screen to bring them on. That would make more sense.

I think that's what he's suggesting.

But yeah, it's a good idea. I'd like to give some words to a player before he goes out onto the pitch, instead of only being able to give one to those players that happen to go out onto the pitch at exactly 0 or 45 minutes. :p

In RL you'll often see managers giving some final pointers to a player on the touchline.

I like this, when you make a sub you could give the player a few words of encouragement etc.

Exactly. Tell him what you're bringing him on for. Just a run around; Match experience for a youngster, and so on. Perhaps even more importantly, it would be nice to be able to tell the person that you've brought off the reason why, too. If, for example, you're 4-0 up with 10 minutes to go and you decide to sub off your star striker who had scored 10 goals in order to give some youth prospect some minutes under his belt, it would be nice to be able to explain it to him.

You don't mean a team talk - you mean an individual talk before he runs onto the pitch, like you see managers doing whilst holding scraps of paper with notes like 'close down 15', mentality '9' ;) - or seriously, telling my 16 year-old debutant whom I send on on the 80th minute when we're 3-0 up that 'there's no pressure on him'.

Yup, good call! :thup:

I think the thing with this is how far do you want to take it? Do you want to tell your sub to tell another player to do X or Y (which managers do IRL)? I'd imagine this would be useless in-game as you can already adjust tactics at the same time. But if it's added it could add an interesting dimension if a youth player was told to tell the captain to adjust tactics. :D

Great idea, and one I've seen many times.

I think to be more specific, you could have options that varied by position, e.g:

Defender - I want you to help tighten up the defence to stop this being an embarrassment / I want you to secure our defence and hold out for the win

Midfielder - I want you to inject some energy and change the pace of the game / I want you to play in our wingers

Striker - I want you to give us another option in attack / I want you to

Unfit player - I want you to work hard on regaining your fitness

Youth player - I want you to get used to our style of play / I want you to show me what you can do

You get the idea....

How about a subs-related idea about having to warm up subs for 5 mins before making a change, or if hyou bring on a sub "cold", there is a little penalty in performance, or something.

Good idea about the subs though. I would like to see it though as something specific like "mark [Gerrard]" or "always stay forward", or something like that.

Great idea, and one I've seen many times.

I think to be more specific, you could have options that varied by position, e.g:

Defender - I want you to help tighten up the defence to stop this being an embarrassment / I want you to secure our defence and hold out for the win

Midfielder - I want you to inject some energy and change the pace of the game / I want you to play in our wingers

Striker - I want you to give us another option in attack / I want you to

Unfit player - I want you to work hard on regaining your fitness

Youth player - I want you to get used to our style of play / I want you to show me what you can do

You get the idea....

This is indead what pops my mind, would be nice.

How about a subs-related idea about having to warm up subs for 5 mins before making a change, or if hyou bring on a sub "cold", there is a little penalty in performance, or something.

Subs already run up and down the touchline during a match without any prompting. I don't believe this would really add much.

Archived