Stupid Health And Safety

Btw yes I am in debt, but thats only because the new board has decided to give me a wage budget of 75K, tight gits.

Hopefully when teams like Real & Barca, (see screenshot), stop trying to nick my players, then I'll be able to build that stand back to its former glory :D

And sack that health and safety man ¬¬

I doubt debt has anything to do with it. I'd guess it's fairly random.

It's not unknown, IRL, for clubs to close part or all of a stand. It reduces running and safety costs.

It's a nice addition. Sensible too, if it's implemented correctly (i.e. your attendance isn't too badly affected on a day-to-day basis as there's a calculation that works out the money saved by reducing the overall capacity compared to average attendance)

I happened to me years ago on an older version (pre-football manager, Wayne Rooney was 16 and not very good on it) whilst managing Everton, it was to do with the amount of debt we were in. Are you sure your not in debt?

Yes, I have already said that I am in debt.

Amazing. I've never seen that before, even if it's a bad thing to see it. I've managed many obscure teams, although never went into debt (not a massive one, anyway) or administration.

I remember managing ADO Den Haag in 08 and Sparta seemed to be in good hands, especially at the beginning of the game. I couldn't see that happening to Sparta.

Unlucky either way.

Yeah they were in safe hands, before I guided them to two safe mid-table places and the owner deciced to sell up. The new owner has given me LESS money for wages, and still the same old £0 for transfers. Although, this season, despite all the debt, I managed to finish 4th and win in one of them Euro play-off places :D

Anyway, brag over (;)), Hopefully with the extra revenue I can build those seats back :)

i remember playing as madrid years ago(03/04 maybe) and i spent so much money by signing all my players over 24 months. we were riddled with debt and they had to close some of the stands. recievers were brought in and all the players sold. strangely i wasnt sacked. real were relegated in about 2010, with me jumping ship just before the innevitable sacking. i later ended up at barca playing minnows real madrid in the spanish cup in 2020. i feel quite good aboutit now lol

There's a year built stat in the stadium/facilities section of information. Might need a new stadium :p

It's definitely a cool feature, however it should be bound to specific situations. For example a club with a relatively old stadium (20-30yrs +) and a financial situation that is not too great. I guess some top-flight teams would qualify but mainly teams below the top divisions. I guess it could be that these factors are taken into account indeed, but that somehow the fact that Sparta's stadium is not really from 1916 anymore. Technically it is, but only 2 historical towers are left standing from that era as at the turn of the millennium practically the whole rest of the stadium was rebuilt (pitch was turned 45 degrees).

I'm just rambling ;)

I first saw this in CM 01/02 so it has been around for years. It only happens when clubs are struggling for cash and cannot maintain the standard of the stadium.

There was a major bug in 07 where Hampden Park was reduced over the years to a capacity of 2500 because the game wrongly had amateur club Queen's Park paying the ground maintenance, which forced them into horrific debt.

When in debt your maintance will probably not be all tha great. The amount of strain on a stadium make it require lots of maintance even if it is a fairly new stadium as footballfans aren't really known to be sitting peacefully in the chairs watching the games.

Archived