Another Steam question...

Okay, so I bought the game yesterday through Steam and installed it, choosing to activate it via Steam. I launched my game and received a message giving my cd key number, saying I'd need it later when the game prompts me for it. Thing is, the game never prompted me for it! Is that normal? I've played several times since yesterday, each time with the same message. I noticed the "activate product" button on the Steam screen (my games) and after pressing it, was prompted to enter my cd key. I pasted the key that was given to me by Steam (using the copy to clipboard option) and received an "invalid key" notice and was directed to the key look-up site. The numbers/letters were identical, but in different cases, so I copied the new key and pasted it back in Steam, where they were all turned back into caps. Invalid product code. But I can still launch and play the game with Steam running in the background. Is this normal???

I have the exact same problem as looknohands. My game starts without any problems at all with or without steam running but I keep getting the message about the CD key and that I will need to enter it at some point but the game never asks me to. Plus when I try activating it using Steam it also tells me that my key is not valid.

Any help?

I have the exact same problem as looknohands. My game starts without any problems at all with or without steam running but I keep getting the message about the CD key and that I will need to enter it at some point but the game never asks me to. Plus when I try activating it using Steam it also tells me that my key is not valid.

Any help?

It might be telling you it's invalid because you're automatically activated via Steam when you run the game for the first time. Do what 4457 suggested above and report back.

Thanks for the replies, everyone! So far I'm only in April. In the My Games section it says 100%-Ready under status. Does that mean it's been activated? Or is that the wrong status screen? I'm playing WSM and not FM, if that matters.

Archived